The October surprise will be a “vaccine”

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Having actual freedom and not getting raped on COL, taxes, and hundreds of other fees makes not having surf worth it.

I was pretty disillusioned by constant terrible conditions, wind, and crowds anyway
"Actual freedom" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

To do what, hibernate in the A/C for 8 months a year? And this is coming from the person who proclaimed deserts as shitholes? Sorry, man, you might be convincing yourself that it is savvy going from 5th-generation Californian to First Generation Zonie (and especially Southern Zonie) but that's a tough stretch for the rest of us. Your wife put you up to this, didn't she? :roflmao:

So yes, there will be heckling.

1599238702570.png

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
"Actual freedom" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

To do what, hibernate in the A/C for 8 months a year? And this is coming from the person who proclaimed deserts as shitholes? Sorry, man, you might be convincing yourself that it is savvy going from 5th-generation Californian to First Generation Zonie (and especially Southern Zonie) but that's a tough stretch for the rest of us. Your wife put you up to this, didn't she? :roflmao:

So yes, there will be heckling.

View attachment 97275
Yeah, southern part seems like a desert hell scape, but Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott from the little bit I’ve experienced are quite nice.

Reactions: grapedrink

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yeah, southern part seems like a desert hell scape, but Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott from the little bit I’ve experienced are quite nice.
Northern parts are definitely a lot nicer. At least you have snowboarding, Grand Canyon, etc. but man, the brief times I spent in Yuma, Kingman, and Phoenix... damn. Hell no.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Way to ruin Coke, opioids!

:foreheadslap:

Dennis Leary has a routine where he says, “only in America would somebody invent crack. Only in America would cocaine NOT be good enough for someone”
:roflmao:

If you want to laugh continuously for an hour, look up his No Cure for Cancer bit. One of the best evar

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
CA worse than AZ?! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'll run interference in the back of the truck. The slower you drive, the less weed gets there. :jamon:
We all know Ifail could be going through his own personal hell in Az, he would never admit it here.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Once you see it on the side of a truck or a billboard, it's over. You're paying their marketing budget.

Go to a "GOOD" liquor store and TALK TO THE SPIRITS BUYER. If you live in LA go to K & L Hollywood and ASK FOR THE SPIRITS BUYER. He knows more than anyone on the west coast about spirits. No joke.

My personal knowledge:

Siete Leguas - The Patron Family, sold the Patron label, still make the original deal under this label.
Cimarron
Fortaleza
Don Fulano
Any Tequila from NOM 1146
Any Tequila from NOM 1579

Tapatio. Trust me, the bottles are ugly but the Tequila is :shaka:. The son of the famed Camarena family. They also make Ocho and El Tesoro.

There's more.

Don't buy anything that is a label with a celebrity attached: E Cuarenta, Casamigos (though they sold, Clooney no longer owns it). They have nothing to do with the product and they charge you more. For example, Casamigos (George Clooney) was made by the distillery that makes Avion, which costs less. They sold and found a new distillery to make it, or bought one. Basically, nearly every distillery in Mexico making Tequila is like a MGP and whiskey. You want a private label? They'll make one for you.

I think enframed really hits the nail on the head with the NOM certification bit. Sure,, any certification can be gamed to a degree, but it can provide a degree of quality assurance. Find other NOM designations (<----click to find) More about the NOM stuff is here.

That said, I find Hornitos Plata and Reposado to be pretty good value.....spending lots of marketing and ornate glass bottles usually isn't worth it.

PS
There is a K & L in SF that does (or did...been a long while since I've been there) have deals on decent wine/booze.