The most terrifying case of all is about to be heard by the US supreme court

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
this thread would be better if people just said what they think the possible outcomes could be if the court rules in either direction.
responding to one another seems to yield nothing

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
this thread would be better if people just said what they think the possible outcomes could be if the court rules in either direction.
responding to one another seems to yield nothing
Possible outcomes include state legislatures choosing electors for the candidate who lost that state's vote, and the people of the state (i.e. the voters) having zero recourse.

Reactions: Aruka and afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Possible outcomes include state legislatures choosing electors for the candidate who lost that state's vote, and the people of the state (i.e. the voters) having zero recourse.
and somehow ifallalot thinks this is optimal because lolkull kunt roll derp derp

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
TERRIFYING

Funny how you're all fans of the Electoral College now

Now read the case and tell us what you actually think, in your own words

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
TERRIFYING

You are so fucking Deaf dude. We are not fans of the EC. Just the opposite. Local Electors could not change an election if it was one person one vote.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You are so fucking Deaf dude. We are not fans of the EC. Just the opposite. Local Electors could not change an election if it was one person one vote.
Ifall has no understanding Re the legal claims in this case.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Authoritarian now being the unmitigated gall to question the orthodox leftist collective.

Are you going to even try to answer Ifall's question, or just continue with the old 'last grape in the fruit bowl' routine?
BS as always Lance.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Authoritarian now being the unmitigated gall to question the orthodox leftist collective.

Are you going to even try to answer Ifall's question, or just continue with the old 'last grape in the fruit bowl' routine?
It's what he always does

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
TERRIFYING

The narrowest case concerns gerrymandering, which this case would essentially green light. Once implemented, ISL theory could be extended to fully gerrymandered state legislatures completely and without any checks and balances controlling state elections, up to and including the selection of electors.

And I am not a fan of the Electoral College, without which we would never have been subjected to President Trump.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Is there any branch of any state government that's not bound by the state's own constitution or the courts?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
The narrowest case concerns gerrymandering, which this case would essentially green light. Once implemented, ISL theory could be extended to fully gerrymandered state legislatures completely and without any checks and balances controlling state elections, up to and including the selection of electors.

And I am not a fan of the Electoral College, without which we would never have been subjected to President Trump.
Or Bush