The left wants Joe Rogan shut down.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Got up this morning, hopped on my computer and came across the story below. Gotta love those free thinking freedom lovers over at NBC. We've always known how much the left hates the freedom of religion and the freedom to have firearms. Now they are being so bold as to openly start demanding censorship of popular public figures and going for Rogan. They are making no bones about it either, they don't want the open conversation, opinions and ideas aired on his show to even be heard or to have a platform to be heard upon.

Funny thing is that if not for this forum I wouldn't even know who Rogan is. Perhaps down the road the left will shut down places like the erBB politics forum too. Can't have information like that getting out there. Perhaps they can send people like me to the gulag for having unapproved opinions.

Love the subheading they put on this story by the way.......

"Calling on Spotify to take action against the mass-misinformation events which continue to occur on its platform."

MASS MISINFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your lives!!!!!!!! We have a new buzzphrase for morons like Hal and Skully to parrot. How freaking awesome. We can't let things we don't agree with be heard and let those things stand or fall based on there merits. Nope, we've got to pull the plug so these ideas have a platform to get out there.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Just pointing out the way your ilk hates our constitutional freedoms and the way you seek to subvert the constitution. You guys particularly hate the 1st and 2nd Amendments. If there is another thread about you guys wanting the plug pulled on Rogan I sure haven't seen it.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaido and Norm'

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Very difficult to find. It's the 6th thread down.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
who remembers the Moral Majority? The PMRC?

While I agree with the doctors (hardly what I'd call a group of hardcore leftists) that Rohan should not have carte blanche to spread misinformation about covid, I don't think he should be censored.

We have a right to free speech, but we don't have an ABSOLUTE right to free speech.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
We have a right to free speech, but we don't have an ABSOLUTE right to free speech.
Yes, we all know that you can’t threaten to kill someone, incite a riot (unless you’re POTUS), etc. However I don’t see how anything that Rogan is doing would fall into any of those exceptions.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
A lot of this stems from the fact that the “traditional” media is dying and getting their clocks cleaned by Rogan and other podcasts :roflmao:
That may be a factor.

But other factors to include:

-dumb white guys can't just say dumb white guy sh!t all day long without fear of being called out on it anymore

-everyone has a platform and a voice now

-people can organize online

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
imagine if spotify drops rogan - then no one will be able to hear from Rogan ever again.
Just like the war on drugs - now you can't get drugs anymore.

Reactions: hal9000

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Just pointing out the way your ilk hates our constitutional freedoms and the way you seek to subvert the constitution. You guys particularly hate the 1st and 2nd Amendments. If there is another thread about you guys wanting the plug pulled on Rogan I sure haven't seen it.
Who wants the plug pulled?

That is you strawman.

Can't you think people are stupid for saying stupid sh!t?

Can't you be for reforms in gun laws without wanting gun ownership criminalized?

All you do is create straw men in your little fat covid head.

Did you know one of the symptoms of long covid is you write really long dramatic posts?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
who remembers the Moral Majority? The PMRC?

While I agree with the doctors (hardly what I'd call a group of hardcore leftists) that Rohan should not have carte blanche to spread misinformation about covid, I don't think he should be censored.

Those guys were fucked then and the left is fucked now.

Also, PMRC - Tipper Gore….

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Got up this morning, hopped on my computer and came across the story below. Gotta love those free thinking freedom lovers over at NBC. We've always known how much the left hates the freedom of religion and the freedom to have firearms. Now they are being so bold as to openly start demanding censorship of popular public figures and going for Rogan. They are making no bones about it either, they don't want the open conversation, opinions and ideas aired on his show to even be heard or to have a platform to be heard upon.

Funny thing is that if not for this forum I wouldn't even know who Rogan is. Perhaps down the road the left will shut down places like the erBB politics forum too. Can't have information like that getting out there. Perhaps they can send people like me to the gulag for having unapproved opinions.

"Calling on Spotify to take action against the mass-misinformation events which continue to occur on its platform."

MASS MISINFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your lives!!!!!!!! We have a new buzzphrase for morons like Hal and Skully to parrot. How freaking awesome. We can't let things we don't agree with be heard and let those things stand or fall based on there merits. Nope, we've got to pull the plug so these ideas have a platform to get out there.

Now do one on conservative school boards raiding school libraries for anything and everything they don’t like.

Also, nobody will shut Rogan down. He’s too popular and all this faux controversy is music to his ears and bank account.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

One of the symptoms of long covid is long dramatic posts and straw men.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
this is only 400 words

I only show up to GromsDad posts that are 1000 words or more

good thing this dumb monkey started his own thread on it so he could really focus the attention on his soaking wet panty liner

what a clown