The left wants Joe Rogan shut down.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform … They can have Rogan or Young. Not both.” - Neil Young

Reading IS fundamental.

:dancing:
LOL, it is indeed. An ultimatum requires one party to make a decision that will lead the other party to act (or not). That didn't happen here. He pulled his music. He did so because of Joe. Why are words so hard?

Let's use a man and a fat wife as an example here.

Ultimatum: If you don't lose weight, I'm leaving you.
Statement/Action: I can't stand your weight, so I'm leaving you.

See how those are different? In the first instance, the wife is given a choice. In the second, she is not. Neil did not give Spotify a choice, hence it's not an ultimatum.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
LOL, it is indeed. An ultimatum requires one party to make a decision that will lead the other party to act (or not). That didn't happen here. He pulled his music. He did so because of Joe. Why are words so hard?
All the usual suspects defending their Hero LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
All the usual suspects defending their Hero LMAO
In truth, this has nothing to do with Joe personally. I'm not in favor of anyone censoring him, and for business purposes Spotify should (and will gladly) keep Joe and lose Neil. I also don't like Neil Young's music, at all. But the sheer stupidity in this discussion is almost too much to believe.

Reactions: mundus

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006

Let's use a man and a fat wife as an example here.

Ultimatum: If you don't lose weight, I'm leaving you.
Statement/Action: I can't stand your weight, so I'm leaving you.

See how those are different?
:roflmao:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

So you and the reporters writing the headlines are wrong together. There are no facts in that article that show an ultimatum. That a guy wrote it as a headline to grab attention doesn't change anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky and afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Music legend Neil Young gives Spotify ultimatum over Joe Rogan COVID-19 misinformation
LOL. Still wrong. " But Yahoo's headline says it so it must be tRUe!"

I gave you the definition of the word ultimatum - so go tell me how this fits.

Here, the WSJ gets it right - "Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music..."

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform … They can have Rogan or Young. Not both.” - Neil Young

This is boring.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Any Neil Young songs I like are on an mp3, never to be removed from any cloud.

Who cares? Is he still putting out new music or anything? Why "host" anything?

I am beginning to think most/all of this twitter sh!t is from washed-up celebrities who don't have the pull to retain relevance in Vegas let alone Fallon.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Any Neil Young songs I like are on an mp3, never to be removed from any cloud.

Who cares? Is he still putting out new music or anything? Why "host" anything?
Nobody owns music anymore.

I mean, you have an entire human race music catalog in your pocket and you can listen to it on demand.

Even if NY removes his songs from Spotify there are number of other music services that have his entire catalog. Apple music being one.

The only music I still own is on vinyl.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Nobody owns music anymore.

I mean, you have an entire human race music catalog in your pocket and you can listen to it on demand.

Even if NY removes his songs from Spotify there are number of other music services that have his entire catalog. Apple music being one.

The only music I still own is on vinyl.
Until the cloud goes down or Bezos is an asshole and transfers music on Prime to Unlimited. And similar.

Those music files are on a laptop and they can be just as easily transferred to CD.

When it comes to media, I prefer something tangible.

Reactions: plasticbertrand