The left wants Joe Rogan shut down.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I don’t want Rogan to be shut down or cancelled. I’d just like him to take some responsibility for the misinformation he’s spreading to an audience that clearly lacks critical thinking skills. He’s fed them wrong information many times and they keep coming back for more all while pointing fingers at the lies of the govt, media and medical community.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
They’re idiots too.

And thank you for equating what the left does now to what religious right fanatics have done in the past.

They are they same thing and need to be condemned as vociferously as possible.
I assume you’ll be starting a “the right wants school libraries shut down” thread then?

• Haha
Reactions: Hump and afoaf

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I assume you’ll be starting a “the right wants school libraries shut down” thread then?
I didn’t start this thread so why should I start that one?

You’re free to post a link of “the right” trying censor libraries. I’m not aware of any current effort but if there is one, well fuck them too.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
A lot of this stems from the fact that the “traditional” media is dying and getting their clocks cleaned by Rogan and other podcasts :roflmao:
No it's actually a response to a massive misinformation and fraud that alt-media is imposing on American people, for personal gain.

They are literally diarrheaing all over the democracy and you think that's funny.

BUH CANCAL KULTUR

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I didn’t start this thread so why should I start that one?

You’re free to post a link of “the right” trying censor libraries. I’m not aware of any current effort but if there is one, well fook them too.

IMHO Comes from all sides at all times, just varying intensity. Albus Dumbledore knows about as much about science as Joe Rogan. I bet there are some districts where if Mein Kampf was in the school library (or something like that) there'd be pearl-clutching.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Got up this morning, hopped on my computer and came across the story below. Gotta love those free thinking freedom lovers over at NBC. We've always known how much the left hates the freedom of religion and the freedom to have firearms. Now they are being so bold as to openly start demanding censorship of popular public figures and going for Rogan. They are making no bones about it either, they don't want the open conversation, opinions and ideas aired on his show to even be heard or to have a platform to be heard upon.

Funny thing is that if not for this forum I wouldn't even know who Rogan is. Perhaps down the road the left will shut down places like the erBB politics forum too. Can't have information like that getting out there. Perhaps they can send people like me to the gulag for having unapproved opinions.

Love the subheading they put on this story by the way.......

"Calling on Spotify to take action against the mass-misinformation events which continue to occur on its platform."

MASS MISINFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your lives!!!!!!!! We have a new buzzphrase for morons like Hal and Skully to parrot. How freaking awesome. We can't let things we don't agree with be heard and let those things stand or fall based on there merits. Nope, we've got to pull the plug so these ideas have a platform to get out there.

Look how upset they get when someone attacks the Rohan cathedral

• Love
Reactions: sirfun

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Look how upset they get when someone attacks the Rohan cathedral
2 + 2 = 5 is my opinion. Anyone telling me I'm a potato is Cathedral and can't handle debate. Unless it's gender identity, that's the one thing in the entire known universe I'm actually correct about. And of course I flip the f--k out about other people's "opinion" on that issue.

Reactions: kidfury and hal9000

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
No it's actually a response to a massive misinformation and fraud that alt-media is imposing on American people, for personal gain.
Yes, because everything coming out of CNN, FOX and MSNBC is so truthful and unbiased :roflmao:

They are literally diarrheaing all over the democracy and you think that's funny.
What does Rogan have to do with democracy? There's nothing more democratic than the fact people do chose Rogan over the NYT or CNN, and that they have the ability to make that choice. Seems that you are the one who has a problem with democracy :unsure:

But yes, I do think it's funny that the traditional media is losing eyeballs as they go down divisive tribalist rabbit holes and increase their opinion content. At least with the new media I can get a wider spectrum of perspectives, even if some (or a lot) of them are false.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
2 + 2 = 5 is my opinion. Anyone telling me I'm a potato is Cathedral and can't handle debate. Unless it's gender identity, that's the one thing in the entire known universe I'm actually correct about. And of course I flip the f--k out about other people's "opinion" on that issue.
i'll do my own potato research

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The thing about Joe Rogan is that he’s making a clear appeal to the “question everything” crowd. The problem is that crowd never really questions him or his guests so long as they come with the precursor that they’re being silenced or censored by the mainstream media, government and science/medical community. Maybe him and his listeners should start questioning why these people are being “silenced”? Cause that doesn’t always make them right. But somehow to Roganites it does.

Reactions: Hump and bvendley

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yes, because everything coming out of CNN, FOX and MSNBC is so truthful and unbiased :roflmao:
Nice strawman. Has anybody claimed otherwise?
All lies are equally bad.
Generally speaking though, the mainstream outlets cannot get away with lies as much, there's way more accountability than any of the YouTube shitheads who spread misinformation who nobody even bothers correcting.

What does Rogan have to do with democracy? There's nothing more democratic than the fact people do chose Rogan over the NYT or CNN, and that they have the ability to make that choice. Seems that you are the one who has a problem with democracy :unsure:
Rogan and his ilk have everything to do with democracy. Mislead, misinformed and ignorant electorate make misleading, misinformed and ignorant choices. Trump was a direct result of social media dhiarhea on truth. Russian troll farms didn't help either.
Not that they are any worse than American troll farms, of which Rogan is the prime example.

And please explain why do you think I have problem with democracy. :roflmao:

But yes, I do think it's funny that the traditional media is losing eyeballs as they go down divisive tribalist rabbit holes and increase their opinion content. At least with the new media I can get a wider spectrum of perspectives, even if some (or a lot) of them are false.
This has absolutely nothing to do with traditional media but you love that strawman so much that you can't give it up.

The "new media" has zero accountability and that has to change if we want to preserve the democracy.

Last edited: