The left wants Joe Rogan shut down.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
A bunch of people:

MUH IVERMECTIN

Also a bunch of people:

MUH ACADEMIC PUBLISHED AT UNHERD WHO SAYS ROGAN AND HIS GUESTS ARE STUPID POTATOES

Academic published at unherd:

This my dick. Look at when someone says Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine are worth a sh!t - I can hit them across the face with my dick, and it makes a mushroom-shaped imprint!

• Haha
Reactions: hammies

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Possibly, but do you want to censor the right of people to complain? And Rogan was in fact completely wrong, does this matter to you at all>
Nothing JR does matters to me. He's not informing people, he's playing to their already-set biases. Nobody of any real intellect would actually go seek out the opinion of JR before making a medical decision.

Asking Spotify to come up with some sort of guidelines isn't censorship.

This thread is stupid.

Reactions: bird.LA

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
false statement

the article is written by Vinay Prasad who is Associate Professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of California, San Francisco. He is a practising hematologist and oncologist, and author of more than 300 peer-reviewed publications.
Unherd would not publish it unless it fits their narrative, which conveniently is the same as yours, anti-vaxx to the maxx.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
no deaths from vaccine myo/pericarditis in the US

only 5 daths from vaccine myo/peridcarditis in the EU

the rate of mycarditis for everyone BUT Moderna recipients is essentially same as background chance of getting it sans vaccine so no change in risk
I like how when it comes to vaccine deaths, all 5 of them, comobirdities suddenly don't matter.

Reactions: sirfun and afoaf

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I read that a few times and nowhere do I see they want JR removed from the air. In fact, their specific request was simply:

We, the undersigned doctors, nurses, scientists, and educators thus call on Spotify to immediately establish a clear and public policy to moderate misinformation on its platform.

That's it.

Is that censorship?
They could have engaged in open dialog and rebuttal but instead they ran to big tech with a request to "moderate misinformation" - a request to control what people are saying. Given that Twitter *just* banned Malone I think that calling this a request for censorship is fair enough.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
They could have engaged in open dialog and rebuttal but instead they ran to big tech with a request to "moderate misinformation" - a request to control what people are saying. Given that Twitter *just* banned Malone I think that calling this a request for censorship is fair enough.
There wasn’t a request to moderate content. Just a request for stated guidelines. Thats not censorship.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
????

I don't know unherd but I read that article. It says something about myocarditis risk in adolescent-ish men or something to that effect, and the rest of it reads like stu/skully/afoaf/your posts.
Uh no, it actually has GrapesDad/ifailalot written all over it.

His (non)solution to combating lies is to rebut them, as though anybody would listen to a rebuttal after Rogan presents something as truth to 30 million+ rabid fans. The rebuttal would get dismissed just as it's getting dismissed now.

How about not telling unsupported lies to start with? That's not hard.

"Both speakers made accurate and useful points on Rogan’s podcast — as well as unsupported, speculative, alarmist, and false ones. The correct way to deal with incorrect ideas in biomedicine, if they rise to a level of prominence that warrants rebuttal, is to rebut them."

Rogan wants to play a journalist without having any responsibilities of a journalist.
He's proud of the fact that he doesn't do any research prior to shooting the podcast.
When did he ever issue a correction like any lamestream media outlet would have if they told a lie? Never.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Uh no, it actually has GrapesDad/ifailalot written all over it.

His (non)solution to combating lies is to rebut them, as though anybody would listen to a rebuttal after Rogan presents something as truth to 30 million+ rabid fans. The rebuttal would get dismissed just as it's getting dismissed now.

How about not telling unsupported lies to start with? That's not hard.

"Both speakers made accurate and useful points on Rogan’s podcast — as well as unsupported, speculative, alarmist, and false ones. The correct way to deal with incorrect ideas in biomedicine, if they rise to a level of prominence that warrants rebuttal, is to rebut them."

Rogan wants to play a journalist without having any responsibilities of a journalist.
He's proud of the fact that he doesn't do any research prior to shooting the podcast.
When did he ever issue a correction like any lamestream media outlet would have if they told a lie? Never.
I love how Rogan is the new Trump for you women

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
"We, the undersigned doctors, nurses, scientists, and educators thus call on Spotify to immediately establish a clear and public policy to moderate misinformation on its platform."
Ok fair. Misinformation isn’t illegal, just a bit irresponsible. The letter writers had their say and that’s about all that will happen.

Only one really set to benefit from all this is JR.

Reactions: mundus

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
One thing is for sure looking back over the last 5 years, Ben Shapiro, Dan Bongino, Sean Hannity and even Glen Freaking Beck have proven far more accurate than the New York Times or CNN.
LOL no.

You just don’t hold them to the same standard when they’re wrong and they retract nothing.