The illegal street vendors have taken over the boardwalk and I’m a bit pissed about it.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm not picking any fights over it.
Who's picking a fight? It also doesn't answer the question. Should they be allowed to operate an unlicensed private business on a public right of way that blocks foot traffic?

We have things like zoning, setbacks, permits etc for a reason. By living in California you are benefiting from strict laws and ordinances that maintain our quality of life. Otherwise we would look like Myrtle Beach with a wall of condo skyscrapers along the oceanfront.

Nobody here is advocating for treating vendors that way. Mostly they are asking the city to do their job and enforce the laws that residents used the democratic process to put into action.

I found his apology but can't find it now. Basically said he's an addict and he's sorry for being a piece of sh!t.
Cool story bro? You are avoiding answering my original question by deflecting to a random anecdote.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Who's picking a fight? It also doesn't answer the question. Should they be allowed to operate an unlicensed private business on a public right of way that blocks foot traffic?
SlicedFeet. I thought that was clear.He literally recounted a story where he sought out conflict with a street vendor.

We have things like zoning, setbacks, permits etc for a reason. By living in California you are benefiting from strict laws and ordinances that maintain our quality of life. Otherwise we would look like Myrtle Beach with a wall of condo skyscrapers along the oceanfront.
Indeed. Most of them helpful, some of them not. But we're not talking about skyscrapers.

Nobody here is advocating for treating vendors that way. Mostly they are asking the city to do their job and enforce the laws that residents used the democratic process to put into action.
No, they're not, except when they do.......see below.
Perhaps you can "wipe out" into their tables and make a huge mess of their crap?
:shrug:

Cool story bro? You are avoiding answering my original question by deflecting to a random anecdote.
Am I ok with unlicensed vendors occupying public space? Sometimes. The ones in the picture I could go without.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
LOL I'm loving this thread.

Agree with SlicedFeet 100%

The usual suspects, on the other hand, left giving the same fallacious arguments the usual suspects give, "They're not the problem, you're the problem", obfuscation, etc.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
This is what our beaches/boardwalk have turned into.

This is what our beaches/boardwalk have turned into.

View attachment 132452

The skelton pop up tents **** me off to no end. They have chained them together and to the cement railing structure permanently 24/7 to claim their space. Public Nuisance And hazard, along with restricting access to beach entrances.
e skelton pop up tents **** me off to no end. They have chained them together and to the cement railing structure permanently 24/7 to claim their space. Public Nuisance And hazard, along with restricting access to beach entrances.

No pics of Secret Right!

• Haha
Reactions: PJ

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I like how we’re conflating people who are making a go at working and starting their own business with the homeless in this thread. Are we really mad that someone is selling nachos at the beach? Street tacos are the best tacos.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I like how we’re conflating people who are making a go at working and starting their own business with the homeless in this thread. Are we really mad that someone is selling nachos at the beach? Street tacos are the best tacos.
well yeah, when there are several brick and mortar business nearby that pay their share ( a lot) to run a legitimate business.

Reactions: npsp

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Anybodys neighborhood/country just not mine:bricks:

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Here’s an idea, instead of trying to sabatoge their setups and be a Karen and file complaints maybe just don’t give them your business and let the magical free market do it’s thing. That’s how the free market is supposed to work isn’t it?

I’d take street vendors over homeless encampments at my beach any day.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Here’s an idea, instead of trying to sabatoge their setups and be a Karen and file complaints maybe just don’t give them your business and let the magical free market do it’s thing. That’s how the free market is supposed to work isn’t it?

You don't have a beach.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13

The tourists will. And we have to deal with them clogging up our beach parks.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego

:roflmao:

Why don’t you complain to your landloard and ask for lower rent because the neighborhood has turned and smells like sh!t. Let that free market trickle down, your leg.

Reactions: toPBk