The illegal street vendors have taken over the boardwalk and I’m a bit pissed about it.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
So it's PB locals running the stalls and they're hiring local teenagers to camp out at night?
Seems like its the "service sector" for the Boomers and UMC. They live close-enough to work in PB and run this side-gig in their off hours.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
The City of San Diego finally took some action.

They got rid of the tents and frames that blocked the boardwalk and beach entrances which were chained to the boardwalk seawall.

Also it looks like the police are putting heat on the food vendors who post up right in the lanes.

92D8D37F-AB69-46B8-A13F-818F3990DACF.jpeg

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
if gas wasnt so expensive, id show up tomorrow and sell tamales while walking. PASALE!!! TAMALES de Viente DOble U! PASALE! MIjo....impress that gordita at your side...you know chee wants it!

• Love
Reactions: npsp

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
So the fight was between the vendors and a group of older locals that were messing with their ez ups. They were being called Karen’s although I wouldn’t exactly call them Karen’s when a majority of the public doesn’t want them there.

what I found interesting this morning Was that all of the tents were cleared out then slowly throughout the early morning the vendors were setting up. Not sure if it was just for this weekend or permanently but I was kind of nice showing up without the eye sore.

either way I was just

having this conversation with my parents, I pay 7k in taxes every year to enjoy my piece of beach (I know not all that goes to this) but 38 bucks to keep ez ups there and create an eye sore and atmosphere that nobody wants is bullshit.

make ‘em all pay a fair share otherwise fuck em all

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
having this conversation with my parents, I pay 7k in taxes every year to enjoy my piece of beach (I know not all that goes to this) but 38 bucks to keep ez ups there and create an eye sore and atmosphere that nobody wants is bullshit.

make ‘em all pay a fair share otherwise fook em all
I love how you're sounding more and more like me.:roflmao:

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Taxes are highly overrated. Most of them go to pay the salary of some useless public employee who wouldn't ever dream of solving any issues that actually may benefit the public who pay their salaries. It's all about reelection and maintaining their personal dole out situations.

Fook taxes!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I was ticketed a few months ago for being over 2 hrs in a 2hr zone.

I hadn't seen the sign; WTF!? then I see it halfway down the ravine and vandalized - you couldn't even see the 2 hr part because it was defaced.

I took photos and disputed the ticket; I never heard anything back in the time slot they were supposed to respond to the dispute.

It wasn't til a few months later I got a letter in the mail - my dispute (no sign indicating 2 hr time limit) was denied.

Reason: Sign indicates 2hr time limit. (but there was no sign,as my submitted pictures show...wtf)

So I requested an in person hearing; they said I had to pay the ticket, then I could schedule a hearing, and if I won, they refund my money.

They said they would email to schedule the hearing after I paid the ticket.

Well, I paid, and I heard nothing.

The 2hr parking sign has never been replaced.

My tax dollars at work.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm super liberal and think these freeloader should be put in a trailer and left in the dessert,
I was ticketed a few months ago for being over 2 hrs in a 2hr zone.

I hadn't seen the sign; WTF!? then I see it halfway down the ravine and vandalized - you couldn't even see the 2 hr part because it was defaced.

I took photos and disputed the ticket; I never heard anything back in the time slot they were supposed to respond to the dispute.

It wasn't til a few months later I got a letter in the mail - my dispute (no sign indicating 2 hr time limit) was denied.

Reason: Sign indicates 2hr time limit. (but there was no sign,as my submitted pictures show...wtf)

So I requested an in person hearing; they said I had to pay the ticket, then I could schedule a hearing, and if I won, they refund my money.

They said they would email to schedule the hearing after I paid the ticket.

Well, I paid, and I heard nothing.

The 2hr parking sign has never been replaced.

My tax dollars at work.
I did that in Laguna and won

It was a pain.

But it was the principle.

Last edited:

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
if gas wasnt so expensive, id show up tomorrow and sell tamales while walking. PASALE!!! TAMALES de Viente DOble U!
PASALE! MIjo....impress that gordita at your side...you know chee wants it!
Be honest, they'd all be eaten before you walked a mile, assuming you could even walk a mile before your entire body shuts down from physical exhaustion.

• Haha
Reactions: 20W-50 and blood