The illegal street vendors have taken over the boardwalk and I’m a bit pissed about it.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Transfer of wealth by utilizing a public right of way. As of now, that would not stand around here, but at least a few hundred thousand brave souls are paving the way for the inevitable. I would think more people would be willing to fight to protect such a valuable resource but times they are a changing and we'll soon all be in the same handbasket, speaking different languages at that. Back in the late 80's it was a $500 business license and lack of insurance keeping my sister from hawking her tie-dyes. People who owned the head/t-shirt shops are now pillars of the community comparatively speaking. So much change in my lifetime alone, I'm glad I won't have to see how all this turns out. Chicken Little Audi_5 brah.

Reactions: Havoc

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
On just about every sidewalk in any city
Not to mention taco trucks
Many times th es se guys set up right in front of restaurants that pay rent, taxes, etc..

We'll be just like TJ before you know it

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
On just about every sidewalk in any city
Not to mention taco trucks
Many times th es se guys set up right in front of restaurants that pay rent, taxes, etc..

We'll be just like TJ before you know it
I sure hope so!

I've been looking for horse sh!t cigarettes and Mexican jumping beans and I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Not to mention Chiclets and Chango the surfing monkey. :monkey:

• Haha

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I sure hope so!

I've been looking for horse sh!t cigarettes and Mexican jumping beans and I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Not to mention Chiclets and Chango the surfing monkey. :monkey:
there used to be this dude my freshman year in hs....he'd sell the mexi marlboros out of his trunk arcoss teh street from the school. always respected that guy's hustle.

toPBk

Miki Dora status
Mar 27, 2002
North Pacific Beach, CA
This is what our beaches/boardwalk have turned into.

View attachment 132450
View attachment 132451
View attachment 132452
View attachment 132453
The skelton pop up tents **** me off to no end. They have chained them together and to the cement railing structure permanently 24/7 to claim their space. Public Nuisance And hazard, along with restricting access to beach entrances.
I Totally agree
I may bring up if I'm present a public comment part of the August CCC meeting in Calabassas.

The Coastal Commission should be pissed about this

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I Totally agree
I may bring up if I'm present a public comment part of the August CCC meeting in Calabassas.

The Coastal Commission should be pissed about this
No kidding. I don't know how it works out there, but here in NC, the enforcement arm of CAMA (Coastal Area Management Act) seems to have a bigger muscle than any government. Nothing happens along the beach without their ok and they move swiftly when needed. Hard to believe all that goes on unchecked, guess there are squeakier wheels?

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
there used to be this dude my freshman year in hs....he'd sell the mexi marlboros out of his trunk arcoss teh street from the school. always respected that guy's hustle.
had a student this year who was coming to school with big bags of candy and snacks and selling to the other kids during breaks, I told him that they won't let him sell stuff at school. sure enough couple days later the admins called him in and he told them, he wasn't selling them, he gave them to his friends and the AP asked him, "whats with all the money?"
He tells the AP with a straight face, "they give me tips".
After I retire I'm gonna work for this kid part time.. lol

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
looks way more orderly in those pictures than what I was expecting from the description? like the people buying from those stands are just regular people/people in for the weekend right? looks like a farmer's market

here in sf on market street we have the more 'vagrant selling to vagrant' style of informal market -- like just sh!t laid on the sidewalk maybe on a crusty blanket. people like to get mad about it and take pictures of it to show to others to get mad about it, but I dunno, I cycle and walk through the city all the time and I have yet to actually be personally inconvenienced by anyone doing that.