The greenies are coming for your coffee

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
It's not fair that some people can drink coffee while others have to do without.

People should drink less coffee to combat climate change, study says

---------------------------------------------------------
Canadian researchers analyzed coffee’s “contribution to climate change” in a piece published in early January and suggested people moderate their consumption of the popular drink as a part of the solution.

Researchers Luciano Rodrigues Viana, Charles Marty, Jean-François Boucher and Pierre-Luc Dessureault wrote in an analysis published in The Conversation that pollution from preparing coffee was “just the tip of the iceberg.”

“Limiting your contribution to climate change requires an adapted diet, and coffee is no exception. Choosing a mode of coffee preparation that emits less GHGs (greenhouse gases) and moderating your consumption are part of the solution,” the researchers at the University of Quebec at Chicoutimi wrote.
Coffee production contributed more to total emissions than coffee preparation, according to the analysis.

“This mechanization, irrigation and use of nitrous oxide-emitting fertilizers — the production of which requires large quantities of natural gas — greatly contribute to coffee’s carbon footprint,” the researchers said. ....
---------------------------------------------------------

• Sad
Reactions: Havoc

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Every fucking thing other than slitting your jugular over your own compost pile increases Greenhouse Gases. Moderating consumption in general, and of coffee specifically, is probably a good idea for your own health in addition to the planet's.

We should probably shame people for all sorts of sh!t. Ask donkeys like Andrew Tate about threshold braking and taking a late apex; when they stutter and say something retarded, confiscate their whips and give them a Prius, a Skip Barber business card, and a shifter kart.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Every fucking thing other than slitting your jugular over your own compost pile increases Greenhouse Gases.

that would still increase GHG since your bloated, decomposing corpse would be feeding countless microbes that would produce a bunch of CO2 and methane.

I like how the Brits pronounce it MEE-thane.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
ONLY ON REDDIT applies here too.
Yes, I've faced so much backlash as a lesbian in the UK for declining the sexual advances of trannies. I've had so much trouble ever since teh ghey stopped using condoms because of Skyrizi or Balzdipolab or whatever.

Italo Ferrari instagram is just so relevant.

You know what sadly happens ONLY ON YOUTUBE? Cops pulling people over for not GTFO the passing lane when they're done passing and the middle/right lane(s) is wide open. Like your asshole after too many caipirinhas in Rio.

Reactions: Aruka

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yes, I've faced so much backlash as a lesbian in the UK for declining the sexual advances of trannies. I've had so much trouble ever since teh ghey stopped using condoms because of Skyrizi or Balzdipolab or whatever.

Italo Ferrari instagram is just so relevant.

You know what sadly happens ONLY ON YOUTUBE? Cops pulling people over for not GTFO the passing lane when they're done passing and the middle/right lane(s) is wide open. Like your asshole after too many caipirinhas in Rio.
I've said this before - how things effect you is a poor example because you're a single guy working in IT with no children, etc. without much skin in the game.

So nothing really effects you

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig and PRCD

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I've said this before - how things effect you is a poor example because you're a single guy working in IT with no children, etc. without much skin in the game.

So nothing really effects you
How things effect any singular person is a poor example, numbnuts. This is why every Republican has one pet cause where they actually had to deal with something, like Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter, or Megyn Kelly getting Trumpgripped by Roger Ailes. It's why every time someone goes "BUT DUZ IT FECT UR LYFE TRUMPGUD" everyone with an IQ over the speed limit rolls their eyes. You know what doesn't effect me directumly? Judeo-Christian values getting shoved into the wood chipper, US DoD contractors getting char-grilled and exhibited on a bridge, Colin Kaepernick kneeling, AP Affirmative Action, and basically everything else you and your adjacent ilk complains about on a daily basis.

You should attend remedial stuffing your sh!t into the dumpster like you've got a pair and that would cure your problems with getting mogged by discarded cardboard boxes that weren't broken down. Maybe you should have asked the person presenting the class if you could apply for a disabilty/special needs so you could eat more than 4.5" of meat per day.

We all have the same amount of skin in the game. You get one life. Children/Spouse is their skin, not your skin.

But thank you for embracing Standpoint Theory and speaking Your Truth!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yes, parents love to virtue signal. They're wrong. But they are Entitled to speak Their Truth!
That's not virtue signaling.

It's how we evolved psychologically.

These are normal paternal and maternal thought patterns with actual purpose.

You don't understand, and won't, because you are (I'm guessing, based on your posting) a social misfit.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand