The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Jul 4, 2006
New England
It's gotta be tough to just be a distributor and rely solely on a manufacturing entity that owns all the IP for the brand, really putting all their eggs in a basket held by someone else. Or maybe their basket is relying on someone else's eggs.... either way..

Sounds like they couldn't agree on a renewal of the distribution license and then there were suits for continuing to sell/represent the brand after the distribution agreement stalled. Good luck to them, I didn't care for all their product but I liked their approach to marketing State side.

Reactions: sdsrfr

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Any reviews on Sol Lite booties. Or recommendations for a thin bootie? I like to feel my board and, also sadly I suffer from SPS (slow pop up syndrome, where popping up on mushy waves you kook out when front booty catches wax on take off) Tried E Bombs, pretty good but slack in the arch. Loved the Billy 2Ms, fit perfect and warm enough but discontinued, probably due to the fact that they were basically disposable, I barely wear booties, probably wore those only a dozen times before I had two holes in the soles of both of them, buyer beware, the 3 mills can't be much better!

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
for comfort I haven't heard a bad thing about vans. That's where i'll go next. Several have told me they don't last as long but they don't care.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
for comfort I haven't heard a bad thing about vans. That's where i'll go next. Several have told me they don't last as long but they don't care.
Thanks, I got a pair for Father's Day, ones with a checkers on top, getting in and out of those was gnarly, hopefully that has been resolved, Plus kindo left checkered Vans behind in middle school. still would rock the checks if the fit was great

Mar 15, 2022
Any one have any experience with Manera wetsuits? My local shop is having a pretty decent sale on suits. I was gonna pick up a 4/3 O’Neil Hyperfreak fire but they don’t have my size. The salesman showed me a Manera X10D. It looks like a nice suit and fit well. Doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that the O’Neil has. Curious to hear any experience with Manera. Warmth, fit, durability, it will be used North County SD winters.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
It's still better than "youth against establishment".
Hey. I just got a 4-pack of Volcom spandex boxer briefs at Marshall’s for like $12 . So don’t try to tell us they’re not still core! The Nautica or Beverly Hills Polo Club (LOL) ones didn’t really appeal, but when I need crotch moisture wicking during my high-intensity workouts… these ones let people know that I surf- pretty much just like Noa and/or Burch! :LOL:

• Love
Reactions: jkb

DublAK2

OTF status
Jun 18, 2003
NJ
Can anybody decipher the Vissla marketing for me? The 7 Seas has limestone neoprene, but the High Seas and North Seas ranges have limestone "I-foam" neoprene. Of course they both say super stretchy blah blah blah in their descriptions, but the price jumps up so I'm assuming there's a quality difference somehow. Can anyone enlighten me?

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
7 seas are like need essentials or volcom suits. They’re ok but nothing special. High seas have some stretchier rubber. North seas (never tried) seem to have rubber seams (which I generally avoid)