The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Bought a Ripcurl E7 Flashbomb Heatseeker 5/4 Zip Free Hooded Wetsuit earlier this year.

Feels about 100% heavier than the quik wintersuits that I used previously (and don't seem to exist any more but were really good).

Glad i'm in the carribean now and don't have to care about that gently used expensive sack of weight.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
What's the best 3/2 with some sort of silverskin protection for the wind? I've had a couple of Need Essentials Liquid Taped Thermal Chest Zip wetsuits that are warm in the water, but sometimes we get a strong wind chill here. Need something that blocks it. Was looking at Matuse or Xcel...

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
i have been using one. meh. way tighter in upper body than psycho tech. seems made for Covid era adult learner keyboard jockeys in fit. ok warmth just not that comfortable or buttery like the standard hyperfreak or other oneils.
Yeah, it sounds gimmicky. I'm surprised the fit feels different from a standard hyperfreak. I got a hyperfreak about a year ago and have loved it but recently it's gotten too stretched out and water flows through it like a sieve. Disappointing life expectancy though I have gotten a lot of use out of it so I'm not dissuaded from getting another.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
My tb3 pyscho1 is going strong on its 3rd season(?).

not sure what I will replace it with since it seems they killed the chest zip version.

• Love
Reactions: bluengreen

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
i have been using one. meh. way tighter in upper body than psycho tech. seems made for Covid era adult learner keyboard jockeys in fit. ok warmth just not that comfortable or buttery like the standard hyperfreak or other oneils.
I have a 3mm hyperfreak ms 4 years old replaced with ms hyperfreak fire 3/2 same perfect fit really comfortable even with liner which helps with the wind:shrug:
Forgot to add both front zip and the hyperfreak 3mm was a comp suit.

Last edited:

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
def tempting - I have an og pre-tb mutant 5/4 for colder waters. the zipper is weird but the convertible hood is great. just have to do a head bang to get it on.

im hooked on hood no booties. cold water rock dance ain’t that bad.
I wore my old mutant a couple times recently (TB2) and immediately missed the pre-threaded zipper. But otherwise it's a great suit. It's 5 years old now and still keeps me warm mid winter, although it's out of the regular rotation. Definitely much less stretchy than my newer psycho1 and tech

Reactions: jkb

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Typical surf media fluff reviews, but thought there were some interesting brands mentioned. Also, more Yulex options out now, including one from Needs Essentials

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
My only warm suit failed yesterday and started flushing out of nowhere. Happened again today, so I have to buy another suit. I had a yamamoto suit a few years back that I liked, except you couldn't pee in it due to the impenetrable Yamamoto neoprene. Not enough water flow through the rubber meant your pee stays in the suit. So you learn not to pee fairly quick.

Basically, the question is, do you Isurus guys pee in your suits? How is that experience?

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
My only warm suit failed yesterday and started flushing out of nowhere. Happened again today, so I have to buy another suit. I had a yamamoto suit a few years back that I liked, except you couldn't pee in it due to the impenetrable Yamamoto neoprene. Not enough water flow through the rubber meant your pee stays in the suit. So you learn not to pee fairly quick.

Basically, the question is, do you Isurus guys pee in your suits? How is that experience?
Finally, the real questions are getting asked.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour