The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
A friend ordered a hooded 5/4/3 and two 4/3 wetsuits from Imperial Motion and they didnt fit, so he hooked me up with them. They are size MS and fit like a glove! If you're a smaller dude, Imperial Motion is a great fit.

This is from their website "All of our wetsuits feature Premium Japanese Neoprene and have been tested to withstand the unforgiving Pacific Northwest conditions."

The suits is nice and soft on the inside and outside. Caveat -- my O'Neill mutant is warmer and stretchier, but the Imperial Motion is very nice! Not sure if anyone has any experience with these suits, but they are very nice.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
A friend ordered a hooded 5/4/3 and two 4/3 wetsuits from Imperial Motion and they didnt fit, so he hooked me up with them. They are size MS and fit like a glove! If you're a smaller dude, Imperial Motion is a great fit.

This is from their website "All of our wetsuits feature Premium Japanese Neoprene and have been tested to withstand the unforgiving Pacific Northwest conditions."

The suits is nice and soft on the inside and outside. Caveat -- my O'Neill mutant is warmer and stretchier, but the Imperial Motion is very nice! Not sure if anyone has any experience with these suits, but they are very nice.

I have a top from them a couple years ago on sale. It’s nice.
I see zero suits shown on that wetsuit product page. Huh. Are you sure they are still making suits?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I have a top from them a couple years ago on sale. It’s nice.
I see zero suits shown on that wetsuit product page. Huh. Are you sure they are still making suits?
I noticed that too. They must have ran out or something? The suits my friend sent me are brand new and he said he ordered them, so dont know whats going on with their site.

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
The sizing was a little odd for me. Never got the serious flushing but some spritzes occasionally. Seems the rubber doesn't hold heat so well:shrug:
How is the Buell sizing odd for you? i’ve heard they run a bit small/short. I bought one during the BF sale and had a phone chat with a rep at cleanline about sizing. He recommended a MS which is what I‘ve worn in Xcel and Rip Curl in the past…fingers crossed. Still haven’t picked it up yet :shrug:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
How is the Buell sizing odd for you? i’ve heard they run a bit small/short. I bought one during the BF sale and had a phone chat with a rep at cleanline about sizing. He recommended a MS which is what I‘ve worn in Xcel and Rip Curl in the past…fingers crossed. Still haven’t picked it up yet :shrug:
I agree w/ sbd. Slightly larger, especially in the hip area at first trying it on. Either my hips filled out or the sizing adjusted itself because now it doesn't seem odd. :shrug:
The proportions were different than what I am used to in O'Neil and Excel.

Reactions: smithgrind