The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

tomminator123

OTF status
Dec 22, 2017
Any SFOB surfers wearing 3mm suits through winter? I’m looking to get a new suit for this upcoming season and my buddy swears by the hooded 3mm Isurus suit he uses, but I’ve always used a 4/3 so I’m a little skeptical

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Any SFOB surfers wearing 3mm suits through winter? I’m looking to get a new suit for this upcoming season and my buddy swears by the hooded 3mm Isurus suit he uses, but I’ve always used a 4/3 so I’m a little skeptical
I tried that suit and it is cold AF. Your buddy is insane. I could only last an hour in that suit even when the water is the warmest it gets in fall/early winter.

Aug 29, 2019
Has anyone here used a Crooked wetsuit? Specifically the hooded 4/3? And is it really as warm as your 5/4 or 6/5? Really?

Thanks.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Haha, I am probably built more like a sea lion than Kool but that's my go-to all year (the hooded 3M) until the water dips below 54, It is a bit chilly if it's inconsistent but OB isn't usually that. if it's 59+ I have a 2M Isurus I go to and if below 54 then I go to the 4/3 hooded which is roasting and pretty stiff. No booties pretty much ever.

The temp guide on the site actually starts at 46 which is pretty nuts and wouldn't include the wind chill. 3M Isurus is like 4M Rip Curl, a little more cumbersome but will last and stay warm way longer.

Note- I rotate my suits a bunch, am good at rinsing, etc. and mostly surf just a few times a week but my 3M has been going for I think 3 years now, and still warm.

Also, the rubber feels frikin nice, I have a rip curl as well that I only bust out if all else are wet and dread that carpet rub

Last edited:

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Haha, I am probably built more like a sea lion than Kool but that's my go-to all year (the hooded 3M) until the water dips below 54, It is a bit chilly if it's inconsistent but OB isn't usually that. if it's 59+ I have a 2M Isurus I go to and if below 54 then I go to the 4/3 hooded which is roasting and pretty stiff. No booties pretty much ever.

The temp guide on the site actually starts at 46 which is pretty nuts and wouldn't include the wind chill. 3M Isurus is like 4M Rip Curl, a little more cumbersome but will last and stay warm way longer.

Note- I rotate my suits a bunch, am good at rinsing, etc. and mostly surf just a few times a week but my 3M has been going for I think 3 years now, and still warm.

Also, the rubber feels frikin nice, I have a rip curl as well that I only bust out if all else are wet and dread that carpet rub
Doesn’t sound like ur chilly

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Has anyone here used a Crooked wetsuit? Specifically the hooded 4/3? And is it really as warm as your 5/4 or 6/5? Really?

Thanks.
“Thanks to the butter-smooth Yamamoto neoprene, the crooked suit is like wearing a warm hug in the line up. It is the easiest suit you’ll ever slide into and your butt will never look better.”
1660058360433.jpeg
I’m sold.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
dunno about their wetsuits, but I got gifted a Matuse wetsuit top to replace my 6 year old Patagucci, and the standard L was way too small, so I had to bump up a size. maybe fancy neoprene just stretches out less. I'm an XLS in my Isurus S/S full but a LS in just about every other brand. or maybe I just need to cut back on the burritos and beer..:foreheadslap:

Reactions: oeste858