I'm still thinking about going mid to upper tier for my next

a little bit of dick measuring but that's about it

• Haha
Reactions: TeamScam

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
my hperfreak is garbage compared to my mutant. build quality just doesn't compare.
Is yours zipper or zipper less?

i had a hyper freak comp (ziperless) 3/2 that lasted about half a season before the elastic gave out and it was a shopping bag once wet.

my psycho1 is miles better. i suspect the external liner to the tb3 makes all the difference.

• Sad
Reactions: MathDebater

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Is yours zipper or zipper less?

i had a hyper freak comp (ziperless) 3/2 that lasted about half a season before the elastic gave out and it was a shopping bag once wet.

my psycho1 is miles better. i suspect the external liner to the tb3 makes all the difference.
zipper. super comfy and fits great but with how it leaks, it's basically a 62-65 degree water suit.

Reactions: sdsrfr

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I have a old mutant, a hyper freak 4/3 less than a season old and a psycho tech 3/2. The psycho is noticeably nicer but for sd the hyper freak still does the trick. Without the smoothie it kind of sucks in the wind. I will be replacing it with a psycho when the time comes.

Dec 28, 2019
I own both the HF 4/3+ and the P1 4/3. Bought new recently. 2 surfs on each. Can't really tell much a diff between the two. P1 tighter in ankle and sleeve and not as bulky. Both have shitty low cut collars that tend to flush. If i were to have to choose between the two i would go with the P1. The fit is better and its a bit easier to mover around in. Will see how they both perform going forward.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
no but now I maybe would in a hyperfreak. damn air is cold
You guys are really talking more about the air temp being colder at DP than the wind, right? The wind should typically be less at dawn (and sunset) than later in the morning / Gentlemens hour /Oeste 30-min window. I can never go early am due to kids/work, but I'm always trying to make it out before the onshore wind picks up mid-morning... rarely happens.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
always seems to calm down more by gentlemens hour in my experience, before it goes onshore of course
poor baby getting clean conditions with howling offshores! brrr
in that case, you definitely need a new "upper-tier" suit to cover 7:30-9:30am sessions. Probably should go with hooded all-smoothskin from Japan.

Last edited:
  • Love