The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Is there a way to view this thread all on one page?
Looking at buying a Buel 3/2 and wondering what they are like - but quite hard to find in the thread!

recent buell owner.

Super comfy and stretchy. No leaks. not the warmest suit but warmer that some.

Cons:

Have to attach zipper each time on neck closure. annoying.

occassional flush and I fear it's from the gap between the neck closure and the neo over the shoulder. suit doesn't have a cinch cord so that worries me.

at this point I'd be hesitant to buy again, especially knowing of the other budget suits out there.

Reactions: hallph and ReForest

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
i dont see many reviews / comments on xcel drylocks?
I've had two. I like them, but the infinity was pretty close to it, and the wrist cuffs on the drylocks for me got f----d up by wearing them with gloves.

Also my most recent one doesn't have a little pouch for the key string to go into so it's just kind of tucked under the outer gasket. Any unlooping or string failure and you're fkd.

question?

has anyone ever painted a wetsuit? With spray paint?
I once read that Quiksilver sent Dane Reynolds one of those albino all white suits Kelly was wearing and he spraypainted it.

Also apparently up in Oregon at SeaFoamGreen's local you want to spraypaint your SoCal sh!t if you're not gonna wear a sealskin harvested with a wood axe.

Reactions: ReForest
Dec 5, 2010
I bit the bullet and tried out one of the suits mollusk just made. I got the 4/3 MT chest zip. Suit is pretty solid actually, i'd compare it to the need essentials I had. Very very similar. Would have gotten another need but there are delays in shipping with need essentials and mollusk was shipping right away. Im not upset with the purchase at all so far. I think the mollusk might be slightly warmer because it has lining throughout the whole suit, maybe a tad bit more restrictive but pretty negligible. Definitely easier to get in and out of

The need essentials suit lasted me about 2 and half seasons (socal; I wear it about half the year) so if this one lasts that long id stoked. I'll keep ya all updated, but so far i like it

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Is there a way to view this thread all on one page?
Looking at buying a Buel 3/2 and wondering what they are like - but quite hard to find in the thread!
They've always been solid for me, and at that price it's hard to pass up. I recently got one of the 4mill Subdivision suits, and it's been great so far.

Reactions: santacruzin

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Used the 3/3 zip-free Isurus again today and it was glorious. Totally dry after hanging in the sun for a few hours yesterday.

I'm a believer in their zip-free tech. Told them I was concerned about water flushing through on duck dives, and one of their owners told me, "Between XXXX and our designer, they came up with the solution to the flushing during duck dives and it worked!"

It does. Glory be. I hope they make more suits of this type. *Note: You've gotta be limber to get in-and-out of them.

Reactions: MrCrash

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
It took Isurus a week to ship my suit but it finally arrived today.

The LTS fits pretty snug. It's hard to tell if it's too snug or not. Keep in mind this is the 5/4 so it probably won't stretch out as much as a 3/2. I was worried it was gonna be too tight in the shoulders but it didn't feel like it was pulling too much when I raised my arms overhead. It was a bitch to get on because I started sweating instantly and it seems like the outer material is impossible to get a grip on. It feels like it will be very warm but not as flexy as buell or oneill.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
It took Isurus a week to ship my suit but it finally arrived today.

The LTS fits pretty snug. It's hard to tell if it's too snug or not. Keep in mind this is the 5/4 so it probably won't stretch out as much as a 3/2. I was worried it was gonna be too tight in the shoulders but it didn't feel like it was pulling too much when I raised my arms overhead. It was a bitch to get on because I started sweating instantly and it seems like the outer material is impossible to get a grip on. It feels like it will be very warm but not as flexy as buell or oneill.
Shoulda gone LT
:p

Reactions: Aruka

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
bleh. all my LT's have that extra room in the gut. according to size chart LT is for 185-200 and I'm like 175-180
Looking forward to hearing your impressions, as well.

As you know, love all of mine. Heading on a surf trip Thursday and bringing my 3/2, my 3/3, and booties. Hoping for greatness.