The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
question?

has anyone ever painted a wetsuit? With spray paint?
Yes I've hit small logos with a rattle can of matte black. Works well, just block off logo with tape, spray, and let dry. Doesn't completely hide them, but makes them a lot less noticeable. I've covered similar logs and would cover the ones pictured below.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
At some point I got sick of the number of logos on my o'neill suit, the bunching behind the legs of my vissla and the poor quality of my Need... I've only got a good number of years left and going custom from here on out. YMMV

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
At some point I got sick of the number of logos on my o'neill suit, the bunching behind the legs of my vissla and the poor quality of my Need... I've only got a good number of years left and going custom from here on out. YMMV
YOLO .
custom from whom and how do you like the suit?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Anyone got a line on a good wetsuit top? Size medium, needs to have a boardshort tie and wrist cuffs to keep water out.

I've used Feral (no shorts tie???), and Need Essentials (lets too much water into the arms when getting thrashed) not a fan of either.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I miss that guy :( such a great dude and rad character.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
not warm and leaks.

I'd opt for a mutant or psychofreak for your application. much better quality
Weird, I got a hyperfreak in early spring and it's definitely not as nice as the psycho variants I've had but it was plenty warm and no premature leakage. I think I will be replacing it with a psychotech next time, a little more money but I've been so impressed with them.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Anyone got a line on a good wetsuit top? Size medium, needs to have a boardshort tie and wrist cuffs to keep water out.

I've used Feral (no shorts tie???), and Need Essentials (lets too much water into the arms when getting thrashed) not a fan of either.
I am all about the Xcel tops, waist cinch and shorts tie. I haven't had issues with mine filling up with water but I don't know if I've surfed anything bigger than head high in it.