The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
What's the consensus on sizing the Isurus suits? I'm 6'3 x 180 so basically right between LT and LTS...
I believe the LTS is like a MT with longer arms & legs of an LT. I have one in 2mil CZ full, and it’s just slight too short in the body for me. I’m 6’, 180 but wear LT in all brands due to an apparently freakishly long torso.
My LT 3mil full fits me perfectly. Will replace the 2mil in LT for next Spring.
I would think you'd be LT too

Reactions: Aruka

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
What's the consensus on sizing the Isurus suits? I'm 6'3 x 180 so basically right between LT and LTS...
I'm nowhere near your size, but normally wear a Medium in the known brands. in Isurus, however, at a somewhat bulky upper body 5'10" x 165 lbs, I wear a LS. My torso is longer, so... to put it in easier to understand dog terms: I'm a corgi.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Upper 50s = booties come on. Under 55 gloves go on. Under 53 hood goes on. Under 50, balls go in torso cavity.

Under 55 still cuts the crowd around here. Very few people have 4/3. Just not worth it vs gritting your teeth for a month every few winters.

Helps motivate to stay busy vs sitting and getting too picky.
Under 50 degree h20 = the angry inch.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
short term reviews:

3/2 hyperfreak. super flexy, not very warm. leaks in the legs. zero neck flush. Probably won't buy again

buell 3/2. seams are water tight. neo is super buttery and the suit is very comfy. dries reasonably fast. we'll see how it holds up over time but so far good for the money. Every once in awhile I get a little flush on duck dive and I can't figure out what position causes it. kind of annoying.

still able to wear my feral (xL) and it's holding up well. Zero neck flush. warm and comfy. Not as stretchy of course but seems stretchy enough.crazy to see an 8 or so degree temp swing depending on where you surf in sd county right now.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
short term reviews:

3/2 hyperfreak. super flexy, not very warm. leaks in the legs. zero neck flush. Probably won't buy again

buell 3/2. seams are water tight. neo is super buttery and the suit is very comfy. dries reasonably fast. we'll see how it holds up over time but so far good for the money. Every once in awhile I get a little flush on duck dive and I can't figure out what position causes it. kind of annoying.

still able to wear my feral (xL) and it's holding up well. Zero neck flush. warm and comfy. Not as stretchy of course but seems stretchy enough.crazy to see an 8 or so degree temp swing depending on where you surf in sd county right now.
How old is that Buell, and why do you need another one if it’s fine? Too baggy on you now, Slim Jim?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
short term reviews:

Feral 3/2? does it feel considerably warmer compared to 3/2s?

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Very warm. Used to be good. Gotten worse last few years.

Bought them for like 20 years but in process of replacing. Hard to find similarly warm suits. Still like their comp suits for summer/early fall. Super stretchy and cheap.

I think there's a difference in wetsuits that you need strictly for water temps and ones where you are also fighting chilly air and wind and Drylocks were really good at both.

too restrictive, not needed unless you surfing the frigid NE in the middle of winter