Reactions: silentbutdeadly

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
elaborate please
Sure I have the 4mil version.

Pros:
  • Fit and ease of use: I have a shoulder thing and the older buells gave me issues getting out of them . No issues with this suit. easy to get in and out of , this is a thing when you are old and its cold!

• Warmth/Flexibility : This may the warmest suit I have owned. Havent been wearing hood in the mornings and no issues. I have chickenlegs so the 4 mil all over makes a huge difference. Bestpart of it is I dont feel like frankenstein or the tin man as I do in my 5/4. Its warm but still flexible and not too heavy.

Price: even without a bro deal the retail is much lower than other companys suits

Looks: plain black suit with minimal logos? yes please

Cons:
    No key pocket. Or I am dumb and cant find it :roflmao:

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
A key Pocket most likely wasn't on Dane's radar. I would assume most times he's surfing he's got Mini filming him and he's holding the key(s).

My condo has these magnetic large dog tag looking things to get into the building. Most of my suits haven't had a key pocket and I end up shoving the thing under my ankle cuff a few inches. I've lost at least three of the f'ing things in the last 18 years since I bought my place, which is not the end of the world (they charge me $30), but a key pocket would have alleviated the losses.

My Isurus 2.2 Shield short arm has the best key for my particular situation. I wish all makers would put them on their suits.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Yea I think its because Dane doesn't have this need? He didn't say though.

Use a leash with key pocket problem solved.
needessentials had the same issue with their early wetsuits. Now they have solved it with the little elastic strap inside the chest zip.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I've got about 60 sessions on my O'Neill 4/3 Hyperfreak with hood. Insane flexibility. Bar none, it's the lightest, most flexible and comfortable suit I have ever owned. So far, the only issue is some thinning on the right knee pad, which I expect will become a hole at some point. Will definitely buy another one when this one wears out. I wore Rip Curls for years and hadn't owned an O'Neill suit since the early 90's. Of course, durability is a concern. But I don't care. I like being warm in the water and the flexibility makes surfing so much more enjoyable.
Solid advice and I think I need to YOLO on a quality hooded wetsuit. The LTs used to always run just a wee bit short for me but XLT is a good fit - too bad I can't find one anywhere, not even through O'Neill. Every other size though. :roflmao:

Reactions: rowjimmytour