The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
yeah no hood with a zippered 3. Sounds like a hooded 4/3 would be too much here.

May do they mutant then when due for a standard no hood suit, go with the isurus.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
My premium Need 4/3 is nice and warm and seams are holding up ok but the neoprene itself lets a little water in. When I’m sitting on my board and the neoprene is stretched (butt region) I can feel water seeping in. Can’t say I’ve ever had this issue before. They said this can happen when the suit is too small and overly stretched but at 6’0 85kg in a large I don’t really think that is the case. And no I don’t have a fat ass.
I have 2 of the same 4/3. The first one has that issue and the second one doesn’t. I’m probably pushing the limit on an XLT but XXL didn’t fit as well. Other than that no complaints for 2 bills.

Reactions: Toobz

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
So they suck?
They (DaKine) are starting to show up around here in the line up and from what I have heard are pretty nice. Haven't felt one up or tried one on, but may cop mid range model on BF if there's a deal out there. Stock seems pretty good at local shops rn and may stay that way as sarfing looks to be going off the radar with an active jet stream pointed right on top of us :drowning:

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka
Nov 25, 2020
I messaged isurus and they told me they should have stock (oops I mean stoke) by the end of the month.
The goods are on the docks of LA. GFL getting those. I went ahead and bought a mutant because I'm tired of waiting for isurus. I had to send back a 3:3 for a stitching issue. I thought they were fixing it in house but they plan to give me a new one when it clears customs

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
For cheap suits, I'm still pretty happy with Vissla. They're stretchy and comfortable and don't leak like other similar suits I've had (xcel, needs, billabong). Was happy with my 7mm boots from last year so I also got some mittens and a pair of the slightly higher end 5mm boots.

I still think the Japanese suits are best - but the cheaper ones can work too if you replace them more often. For whatever reason people want to buy my used suits :shrug:. Seriously weird. I can sell a wetsuit easier than a board. So I will sell them after a year and replace with a new one at a pretty minimal cost difference.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
The goods are on the docks of LA. GFL getting those. I went ahead and bought a mutant because I'm tired of waiting for isurus. I had to send back a 3:3 for a stitching issue. I thought they were fixing it in house but they plan to give me a new one when it clears customs
Yeah I just got an email from Feral saying their goods are off the boat and on land now... Not holding my breath for them to be available for christmas

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
season 3 on my pscho tech. still warm but some wear and tear. got new oneil heat boots but they suck. too narrow. any boot suggestions?
I have been using the Visslas. Not sure I'd go hunting waterfowl in Hungary with them like an actual Viszla, but Aqua Mall here in the Duval had like 8-10 different brands/models and I tried 'em all and those fit the best.

I turned them inside out several times and now they leak, which is par for the course and on me. But they sure do fit nicely.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach