The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
My premium Need 4/3 is nice and warm and seams are holding up ok but the neoprene itself lets a little water in. When I’m sitting on my board and the neoprene is stretched (butt region) I can feel water seeping in. Can’t say I’ve ever had this issue before. They said this can happen when the suit is too small and overly stretched but at 6’0 85kg in a large I don’t really think that is the case. And no I don’t have a fat ass.
Premium quality "El cheapo" neoprene.

Reactions: Toobz and Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
took out the need essentials liquid sealed 3/2 yesterday morning. super warm, no leakage but still pretty stiff compared to the RC's out of the box. I imagine it'll loosen up over time but very comfy and warm otherwise. hope it holds up.
The water has been in the mid 60s (s/s full temps) so it better be warm

Reactions: CutnSnip

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
i think so, it was the priciest one they had in 3/2 and 4/3. full rug liner on the inside with taped seams, and then all liquid sealed on the outside.
So we're back to the "outside sealing" gimmick.

When can we go back to zipperless tech! for a season?

I just visited their website, the priciest suits seem to be full of false advertising - advertised as "highest grade" everything...liner, neoprene, etc - "Best grade" seam construction.

All for around $250.

Or let's assume their claims are true: Best quality suit on the market for a measly $250.

Where are they cutting costs?

How old are their workshop elves?:unsure:

How much are they getting paid?

Maybe we can have Torreyn host a factory tour.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
So we're back to the "outside sealing" gimmick.

When can we go back to zipperless tech! for a season?

I just visited their website, the priciest suits seem to be full of false advertising - advertised as "highest grade" everything...liner, neoprene, etc - "Best grade" seam construction.

All for around $250.

Or let's assume their claims are true: Best quality suit on the market for a measly $250.

Where are they cutting costs?

How old are their workshop elves?:unsure:

How much are they getting paid?

Maybe we can have Torreyn host a factory tour.
I always take that marketing sh!t with a grain of salt. RC says the same about the their entry level suits as they do their top tier.

for $250, i expect a $250 suit, nothing less or more.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Come to think of it, yeah, my old hyper freak comp was zipperless. I think comp just means zipperless.

my psycho1 looks like the above pic, but the outside of it is lined and taped
My 3mm hyperfreak comp is front zipper no line going on 3rd season:shrug:

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
Best yamamoto fullsuit between $400-500? this is for SoCal. Looking at Isurus 3mm zippless or Feral 4/3 chest zip. Any thoughts on these 2 suits?

Last edited:

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
Appreciate the feedback 0-858. Spoke to Abraham, new shipment arrives this weekend…always wanted to try a zipperless.

Reactions: Aruka

ckupczynski1

OTF status
Oct 14, 2009
My 3/2 Hyperfreak comp suit is going on about 4 months and leaks at the legs, has a tear where the cord is and the right ankle fabric is starting to separate. Has anyone dealt with O’Neil warranty service? Their generic email reply seems like I’m just better off getting g it repaired