Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

Reactions: oeste858

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I don't but looks like a lesser built one of these:

They work great for suits and double as great totes for camping, family beach days, etc.

• Love
Reactions: slipped_disc

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

They work great for suits and double as great totes for camping, family beach days, etc.
Ooo. Nice. I like that LL Bean one.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Does anyone have a Feral tote?
yeah, I got one when I ordered a feral a couple years ago. returned the suit, kept the bag. it's rubbery, pretty indestructible, easy to hose out. I'll wash my suit in there too. It's also been great in the snow, carrying the ungrateful little brats' boots and skis from condo to slopes.
Solid purchase, would recommend.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

I use the changing mat you guys convinced me to buy as the tote after. I’ll need to look into this product.

two most idiotic things us adults do with kids: Snowskiing/boarding and fishing
2 of the most memorable semi regular trips I did as a kid -

trips to Tahoe in the summer fishing with the uncles and trips to Tahoe in winter with dad skiing.

sucks to say as a parent if it’s easy on us we aren’t doing it right.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
It's funny you say that. I'll never forget family ski trips, they were awesome! But I've already told my dad that I wish I had his patience
You have no idea how a) how expensive and b) much work went into the family ski trip until you try to do it as a parent. So much gear. The lift tix and rentals. The long road trips. Holy cr@p!
I will say our kids are finally just at the point where we can go down some blue runs with them… and it’s friggin awesome. Next season I think will be even better as they get more comfortable on the blues too

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'll never forget my son faking a stomach ache during ski lessons cause he was "over it" and we had to come get him. SBD and the Mrs were pretty stocked when we found that out!

Have kids they say

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
3/2 colby's a hot tamale want to grab 4/3 hows the hood on this? mt fitting perfectoo

Oct 14, 2023
3/2 colby's a hot tamale want to grab 4/3 hows the hood on this? mt fitting perfectoo
The hood on my 4/3 is proportionally "right" compared to the rest of the suit. It's not like the Isurus or Manera which run quite small or the Patagonia which runs big. No issues at all and easily my most comfortable suit.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The hood on my 4/3 is proportionally "right" compared to the rest of the suit. It's not like the Isurus or Manera which run quite small or the Patagonia which runs big. No issues at all and easily my most comfortable suit.
Agree isurus hoods run like a half size smaller than O’Neil, at least their detached hood that I have.

no headaches but with a size 7 5/8 hat, I wouldn’t want it any tighter.

warm AF.

saucerboy

Nep status
Aug 10, 2009
Santa Cruz
+1 on Feral. Just do it if you want yammymoto OTR
Another +1. I just started wearing their 3mm+ around Santa Cruz. When I took it out of the box I thought there was no way it would be warm enough. It felt like a 3/2. For a moment I thought they sent me the wrong suit. So far, in admittedly warmer days of surfing, I've been completely comfortable. Customer service was good when I called to ask them questions. The only question is longevity and how warm it'll be on cold winter days.

I've owned or own Matuse (from several years back) and relatively recent Isurus suits. For the price, the Feral suit is really hard to beat assuming it holds up. Warm, flexible, easy on and off.

Oct 14, 2023
I love the construction of the Feral suits, but the cut just doesn't work for me. LT is really tight through the shoulders and due to the zipper there's little chance of that "breaking in." XL has air pockets in the lower back and crotch as well as a neck that's just too large so it puckers up and creates a scoop.

I bought the 4/3 LT with the hope that I could adapt, but after a number of sessions I got sick of the contortion required to get out of it when it's wet. This is just me, though. It's a great suit and is quite warm in central CA waters.

I tried the Colby + Yamamoto 4/3 on a whim and I'm really happy that I did. The cut works much better for me and the suits have been holding up really well. Most importantly, the 4/3 hooded is just as warm today as it was when I got it last October. No leaks and no excessive wear after 60 or 70 sessions. I ended up grabbing a 4/3 non-hooded and 3/2 as well although I don't have nearly as much time in them.

I also tried Isurus and have to say that I'm not impressed with the current product. The 3/2 had seam tape that started coming unglued. The first 4/3 also had bad tape and the replacement lost a zipper tooth on the first wear. My shop hadn't seen the seam tape issues before, but had seen so many zipper failures that they boxed up their entire inventory and sent it back to Isurus after that.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I love the construction of the Feral suits, but the cut just doesn't work for me. LT is really tight through the shoulders and due to the zipper there's little chance of that "breaking in." XL has air pockets in the lower back and crotch as well as a neck that's just too large so it puckers up and creates a scoop.

I bought the 4/3 LT with the hope that I could adapt, but after a number of sessions I got sick of the contortion required to get out of it when it's wet. This is just me, though. It's a great suit and is quite warm in central CA waters.

I tried the Colby + Yamamoto 4/3 on a whim and I'm really happy that I did. The cut works much better for me and the suits have been holding up really well. Most importantly, the 4/3 hooded is just as warm today as it was when I got it last October. No leaks and no excessive wear after 60 or 70 sessions. I ended up grabbing a 4/3 non-hooded and 3/2 as well although I don't have nearly as much time in them.

I also tried Isurus and have to say that I'm not impressed with the current product. The 3/2 had seam tape that started coming unglued. The first 4/3 also had bad tape and the replacement lost a zipper tooth on the first wear. My shop hadn't seen the seam tape issues before, but had seen so many zipper failures that they boxed up their entire inventory and sent it back to Isurus after that.
aside from differences in cut/sizing is the Feral == Colby+ in all other aspects?

For me, my feral MT fit great, Isurus MT is a little short in the arms and legs.

I wasn't blown away by the Isurus quality given the price difference between them and Feral/Colby+. Their kidney warming patch is a nice touch, however.