The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
I picked up a 2 mil Colby short sleeve full earlier this year, and it seems sized similar to my old Xcels. The neck was a bit tough at first and hard to remove over the shoulders, but now that I've broken it in, it's great, esp for the price. Hopefully I'll get 2-3 seasons out of it. So far I'm impressed.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
All of the current and past Colby stuff is whats left of Needs Essentials USA. Colby used to be the North American distributer and there was a falling out and a lawsuit...Colby has been selling off their existing stock for a while now. Colby does have new suits on the way...but nothing new yet...

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
All of the current and past Colby stuff is whats left of Needs Essentials USA. Colby used to be the North American distributer and there was a falling out and a lawsuit...Colby has been selling off their existing stock for a while now. Colby does have new suits on the way...but nothing new yet...

The new stuff is the Yamamoto rubber suits right?

Reactions: menobrah

Homie

Miki Dora status
Sep 2, 2005
How do you like the Crooked?
How do you like the Crooked?
I just got my 3.2 Crooked wetsuit and am STOKED!!! I ordered a MT and it fits amazing, sizing is on point! The wetsuit is really well made and is really easy to move around in. This is my first boutique Yamamoto wetsuit and their defiantly nicer than the standard high end Quick, Xcel, and Hurley wetsuits I've previously owned.

Reactions: johnson7

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
I just got my 3.2 Crooked wetsuit and am STOKED!!! I ordered a MT and it fits amazing, sizing is on point! The wetsuit is really well made and is really easy to move around in. This is my first boutique Yamamoto wetsuit and their defiantly nicer than the standard high end Quick, Xcel, and Hurley wetsuits I've previously owned.
was this guy's pic on the packaging?
1694728413188.png

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
how does it fit relative to oneill?

Jan 10, 2014
Yuri is doing a discount code with crooked too. Tempted if you can apply both that promo and the wetsuit exchange

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I just took a new Quik Everyday Session 4/3 Saturday.
It worked. It certainly didn't feel as warm as my old Rip Curl F Bomb.
It's more comfy (the lining) than my scratchy Buell RB2.

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Water is cooling down in SLO, 2mm zipless hyperfreak is still the best. Plenty warm, super comfortable.