The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
So update on my Matuse. They admittedly had a run of suits that were thin and snuck through the QC process. They started advertising them as 3/2 + with a heavy discount. I emailed them wondering if my 4/3 was in that batch and it turns out that it was. They are sending me a new "proper" 4/3. Good on ya Matuse :shaka:

Sounds like they've attempted to lightly defraud customers, but you called them on it so they are quietly making it right. I'm not sure they deserve props.

Reactions: daave and Havoc

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
For a cool $650, you can have a one day a year suit
Who at Body Glove thought this would be a good idea?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Who at Body Glove thought this would be a good idea?
It had been a long standing tradition for surfing Santa to be photographed off Hermosa Pier. A photo from a session would be on the cover of a South Bay weekly paper. The wetsuit Santa wore was made by Body Glove who was based around here and the suit had their logo on it. I guess there must have been enough interest for the suit to make it an offering.

Reactions: MathDebater

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
+1 unfortunate that such a nice suit is compromised by a small plastic part. Leads to continual tightening while in the water and more flushing than a suit like that should allow. I had mine swapped out when I had the suit repaired and the new one works waaaay better.
My new Isurus 3/3 has this issue. Bummed.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
I've been trying to reach Isurus about the broken cinch and subsequent flushing. Two emails and a phone call, and still no response; though they're Instagram account is still going strong. Left me feeling Grinch-y.

On the other hand, Feral had a recall issue and immediately sent me a new suit. They also allowed me to keep the "defective" suit, which is 100% functional. All of this was handled with prompt communication. They run a great business and offer a great product.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ChaseTMP and mundus

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Yeah, I’m dealing with a factory defect with the cinch as well. I was told I would be sent a new suit, but now waiting on Swell Stuff to open up the cord area, install the catch slider and replace the butterfly closure. Isurus seems to be ghosting me now that I’m expressing my dissatisfaction with not being in a functioning new suit now that there is swell forecasted.

It’s going to be over a two week turnaround for a repair on a factory oversight on suit I wore for one session. I didn’t know there was an issue, since I didn’t know what I didn’t know, until reaching out about the random piece falling off.

I went to my local shop where I got it and there are a handful of suits that have the missing ball-slider. I alerted my manager buddy there to reach out to Isurus.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
What was the feral issue? They do seem like good guys.
Faulty glue on some of the new suits’ seam tape. As others have said though, the stitching is what matters. And you can easily DIY fix it, if you feel inclined.

Their customer service was excellent. They emailed people who bought the faulty batch, explained the problem, and they sent me a new suit.

Last edited: