The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I ordered some fins and after two weeks and jack sh!t shipping, I emailed the contact us, some other support, and the Leif guy's blog email address. Once I got a hold of them they offered to upgrade the order or refund it and I had my money back in like 20 minutes.

First fin order through them was fine as I recall.
I was trying to order a custom fin set from them. They were very communicative until I sent them the fin template. Then it was radio silence for some reason. Sent multiple emails simply asking if they would give me a yes or no on making the fins. Nothing.

A week later, I contacted them from a different email asking them if they could make me a custom fin set. They responded within the day and said no problem. Then I told them about the previous template I sent them and that I never heard a response from them. Radio silence again.

Fvck those guys. :cursing:

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Not an auspicious debut for my Isurus Shield 3.3 zip free hooded this morning. I was turning the suit inside out and was checking out the hood's cinch and the main chest panel's cinches. The piece pictured came off so easily that I assumed it was not needed and may have been part of how the tags were attached to the chest panel's cinch.

I wore the suit and it seemed to be alright. The waves were absolutely firing so I was focused on everything but the suit. I've never worn a hood, but with air in the mid 40's with decent offshore flow I gave it a go even though the water is still 60°. I did notice after getting out, my neck was a little sore, which I think was from the added tension the hood adds when you're swiveling your head around.

Curiosity got the best of me and I called Isurus after getting out. I sent a picture of the detached part while the helpful guy on the phone (Kent) stayed on. He couldn't figure out how it came off and said it's definitely a warranty issue and they'll send me a new suit. He said to not worry about the warranty info on the form. I couldn't find the QA code anywhere on the suit. Their website has images where to locate it and it was nowhere to be found. Mine was made in China FWIW.
IMG_2487.jpg

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Not an auspicious debut for my Isurus Shield 3.3 zip free hooded this morning. I was turning the suit inside out and was checking out the hood's cinch and the main chest panel's cinches. The piece pictured came off so easily that I assumed it was not needed and may have been part of how the tags were attached to the chest panel's cinch.

I wore the suit and it seemed to be alright. The waves were absolutely firing so I was focused on everything but the suit. I've never worn a hood, but with air in the mid 40's with decent offshore flow I gave it a go even though the water is still 60°. I did notice after getting out, my neck was a little sore, which I think was from the added tension the hood adds when you're swiveling your head around.

Curiosity got the best of me and I called Isurus after getting out. I sent a picture of the detached part while the helpful guy on the phone (Kent) stayed on. He couldn't figure out how it came off and said it's definitely a warranty issue and they'll send me a new suit. He said to not worry about the warranty info on the form. I couldn't find the QA code anywhere on the suit. Their website has images where to locate it and it was nowhere to be found. Mine was made in China FWIW.
View attachment 143785
Wonder how many QC issues they are dealing with after switching factories from Thailand to China this year.
Man, nobody believed Refrodo, but guy has been telling us for years that Thai workmanship is the best in the world!