The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think I've discovered the secret of how they make new wetsuits so flexible, they now just label a 3/2 as a 4/3 and bingo. Not as warm but really flexible.
Correct, mentioned in this thread many times.

There is one way you make neoprene warmer: make it thicker.

There is no such thing as a "thinner but warmer" suit.

Sep 26, 2022
Anybody ever experience bad customer service from Isurus? I sent them an email about an issue and they never replied. The cinch button on my new wetsuit doesn't work. I got the suit from Cleanline, and they said they'd handle the Warranty for me instead.

A couple weeks had gone by when I decided to check with Cleanline. They said they are stuck, as Isurus still hasn't answered their emails to start the Warranty claim. LOL

I really liked the suit. It fits me perfectly. I think I got the "cold" one that somebody was talking about a few posts above, though. It's not too cold, but it's not "toasty" like others were saying. Just like any other new Brand X 4/3. I think I remember it being made in Vietnam too.

Stuff like this just makes me want to switch to custom wetsuits.

Reactions: slipped_disc

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
When buying my Isurus, the shop manager (who I’ve known for over 30 years) told me to make sure I didn’t lose my receipt, as they’re very difficult/next to impossible to deal without a receipt dated within the warranty period.

I asked if I should avoid them, but he said he hears about much less warranty issues with Isurus than all of the other brands they carry: O’Neill, Excel, Quicksilver, Rip Curl, Buell, Vissla, and Volcom.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Chase is correct. Pretty unfortunate. Since they charge a premium they should be proud of their product and make it as easy as possible for customers to deal with issues should they arise. Don’t be the hardest wetsuit brand to deal with. If I were them I’d be stocked someone bought my suit at that price without a smooth rubber interior collar or heat retaining fuzzy interior panels. I’ll admit I’ve never owned one so I could be wrong on its performance and I know plenty people that dig them. But my receipts stay on my dresser for a month tops before getting tossed.
Bad biz, imo

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Since Feral and Isrirus were out of stock went with a Mystic 6mil on sale, The brand is made for kiteboarding, the fit is good and seems good quality. Only went for a quick ocean swim in it, but so far so good.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
I had a challenged experience with Isurus as well and communication was not something they did well during the process. They ultimately rectified/resolved the issue satisfactorily but it took a long time to get there. So, unfortunately, a large amount of patience is an important thing to have with them. I believe there used to be a specific warranty claim page on their website that might be helpful. You may want to look for that. They are very nice, generous and helpful people once you get a response, but it was difficult to get to that point and have consistent communication.
It’s feels like a small business without much infrastructure and it appears to show up in the customer service.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No way!

That rubbery seam tape is less flexible than the neoprene around it and just ends up cracking, rendering it useless.
It ends up cracking after a season or two of me pissmarinating it, doing the Newfie stomp in my tupperware to step out of the thing, etc. and at that point, that's when the roofing sealant comes out to play.

Rip Curl 2mm e6 zipperless shortsleeve working into the rotation again. Nice and flexy, but I think the e6 is not the fastest drying. The inside is fine but the outside seems like it stays pretty soggy. Not sure if the sample is limited and it's just been very humid.

Reminds me of NVS. fvvk those guys :cursing:
I ordered some fins and after two weeks and jack sh!t shipping, I emailed the contact us, some other support, and the Leif guy's blog email address. Once I got a hold of them they offered to upgrade the order or refund it and I had my money back in like 20 minutes.

First fin order through them was fine as I recall.

Reactions: Aruka
Sep 26, 2022
I had a challenged experience with Isurus as well and communication was not something they did well during the process. They ultimately rectified/resolved the issue satisfactorily but it took a long time to get there. So, unfortunately, a large amount of patience is an important thing to have with them. I believe there used to be a specific warranty claim page on their website that might be helpful. You may want to look for that. They are very nice, generous and helpful people once you get a response, but it was difficult to get to that point and have consistent communication.
It’s feels like a small business without much infrastructure and it appears to show up in the customer service.
So I guess there is hope. I want to like Isurus. Best fit so far. I'm willing to deal with some BS if the suits last longer and keep me warm.

Of course, maybe I should explore Matuse....

Reactions: ChaseTMP
May 31, 2011
I had a challenged experience with Isurus as well and communication was not something they did well during the process. They ultimately rectified/resolved the issue satisfactorily but it took a long time to get there. I believe there used to be a specific warranty claim page on their website that might be helpful. You may want to look for that. They are very nice, generous and helpful people once you get a response, but it was difficult to get to that point and have consistent communication.
I'm not going to defend failing to answer emails, but I did call them at the number provided on their contact page and someone named Kent answered right away and was pretty helpful.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
So I guess there is hope. I want to like Isurus. Best fit so far. I'm willing to deal with some BS if the suits last longer and keep me warm.

Of course, maybe I should explore Matuse....
Damn I forgot about Matuse in my online shopping frenzy.