The Gottdam Dermatologist

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
My guy wants me to do a full face peel with 3 - 4 days of Fluoracil to bring up the cells and then blast 'em with PDT. The alternative is he keeps having liquid nitrogen parties on my face every 6 months.
I’m doing Fluoracil on the backs of both hands for 2 weeks. After one week they are looking like sh!t. Then, move on up the arms and who knows where. Northern European heritage... Norris = North= Norse= Norsk. Odin save me!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hammies and Subway

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Blond haired blue eyed Aryan prototype here who never ever wears sunscreen (and never really did), work outside every day too.

So far so good. I think genetics plays a role.

I also think the sunblock is a contributing factor. If for nothing else it allows you to subject yourself to sunlight longer.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Blond haired blue eyed Aryan prototype here who never ever wears sunscreen (and never really did), work outside every day too.

I also think the sunblock is a contributing factor. If for nothing else it allows you to subject yourself to sunlight longer.
explains why you look like a leather handbag at the ripe old age of 50 :monkey:

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
My guy wants me to do a full face peel with 3 - 4 days of Fluoracil to bring up the cells and then blast 'em with PDT. The alternative is he keeps having liquid nitrogen parties on my face every 6 months.
Two sqamous cell chunks cut out of chest and forearm, lots burned off. Same with the torture cream, apply for two weeks on the face, neck, and chest, and look like Pizza the Hut for a couple weeks. I have to wait until summer to do it or I freak out the first graders.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Note to self. Go see a Dermatologist just to get checked out.

Not sure if my insurance covers it.

Reactions: john4surf

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Note to self. Go see a Dermatologist just to get checked out.

Not sure if my insurance covers it.
If you have any suspicious moles or scaly patches, most insurance will cover the visit. You may need a referral from Primary Care doc.
If you are just going for a checkup, it may not be covered.

Reactions: r32

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005

Unfortunately, while I think sunscreens work, they do not stay on while surfing. I don't care what the manufacturers say.

Reactions: john4surf

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Had a freckle on my cheek that seem to have gotten bigger.

Went in to get it checked.

Dr says, "probably just a sunspot, but here, hold on a sec." (Injects some lidocaine, gets out scalpel, bing bang boom, puts on some vaseline then a bandage.)

"I'll send it to get checked 9holds up small vial with spot of skin about the size of a 8-point Arial 'o' font) . Keep it covered for a week. I'll let you know if we find anything or not.

(steps back about a foot) "Just saved you a $1500 plastic surgery visit visit."

I make appropriate chuckle.

Week later, yep, just a freckle....but now I look a few months younger for a $15 co-pay.