The Ghost of Kyiv

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Propaganda is part of war. You have Putin using Jesus to justify the invasion.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It’s happened since the beginning of time, and the stories and mythology last

From 300 to the charge of the light brigade

Reactions: mundus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Like everything there is maybe a grain of truth, such as a pilot who performed a heroic act and took down more than his share against the odds. Then the story gets embellished and exaggerated to the point at which it hardly resembles the original story, nor is it representative of the overall situation.

Kind of like the supply line soldiers "punching holes in gas tanks" to intentionally run out of gas. I don't doubt that some did, but the media is portraying it as if it is super common. Seems like wishful thinking overall.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The NYT hasn't ever printed the truth. It sells narrative, not facts.

Reporting used to be a blue collar job you did with a high school degree for a local paper. Over the 20th century, it was transformed into "journalism," an elite-profession requiring a degree from a j-school. Journalists have woke sensibilities and a lot of anger at the world from student loan debt and low pay. They believe reality should be what they say it is, not what it is. Consequently, trust in the press has declined steadily from its high water mark in the 1970s. The grift still has a lot of momentum because Americans believe they are smart and informed by keeping up on the news.

It's starting to leak out that Zelensky is using a green screen. I said he's been in Poland since that American MV-22 flight to/from Lviv before the war. The press building him into a hero is hilarious. He's a typical Western-style puppet and grifter with typical Western elite vices. He ain't Winston Churchill.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The NYT hasn't ever printed the truth. It sells narrative, not facts.

Reporting used to be a blue collar job you did with a high school degree for a local paper. Over the 20th century, it was transformed into "journalism," an elite-profession requiring a degree from a j-school. Journalists have woke sensibilities and a lot of anger at the world from student loan debt and low pay. They believe reality should be what they say it is, not what it is. Consequently, trust in the press has declined steadily from its high water mark in the 1970s. The grift still has a lot of momentum because Americans believe they are smart and informed by keeping up on the news.

It's starting to leak out that Zelensky is using a green screen. I said he's been in Poland since that American MV-22 flight to/from Lviv before the war. The press building him into a hero is hilarious. He's a typical Western-style puppet and grifter with typical Western elite vices. He ain't Winston Churchill.
You are one creepy dude.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
This is the raw material of a book.

You can sell to Team MAGA and buy a cabin in the pines above a Chilean point break

Last edited:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"This book examines the history of the New York Times and its profound and arguably negative influence on readers' beliefs. The facts illustrated are well documented. I was surprised to discover that the NYT had had a positive view of Hitler's Germany.
The book is certainly interesting and a good read."

frikken NYT now supports Ukraine's Nazis.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I like those bells.

"The looming presence of these markers on state roadways exacts a psychological toll on Indigenous people."

Prepare the child for the road. Not the road for the child.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I loved Chile. But I had a feeling that you need to go further south to get away from from the tourist crowd. And then it gets cold. And it's far away from here.

In general, I really enjoyed South America.
Are Puertecillo and Punta Lobos "the tourist crowd"?
Arica, Iquique, and Antofagasta look to have fewer tourists but there's a ready-made population of locals.

Southern Chile looks like it's a March/April place. I am guessing July/August is stormy and blown.