The Gamblers of the ERBB

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I wish I could rock a visor but the tan line no bueno

That statistics book made me feel stupid but I’m glad I got it. I’ve always been fascinated by stats and probability. Big Book O’ Blackjack is the one to get in the end. Lots of brains in the HoF

I’m above 80% perfect strategery on the app with close to 1500 deals and I play fast and rarely consult the charts. Not sure if I have the brain to count cards

Looking into learning craps next and heading to Vegas soon baby

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
US Open tennis starts next week which will be the Serena "Water Buffalo" Williams retirement tournament. Gonna bet her LARGE 1st round and keep rolling it over till at least Rd 4. She will be pushed through the early rounds harder than Slater will be in the Outerknown Pro. I also like Bianca Andreescu to go deep in Flushing Meadows. Men's side is always a crap shoot but usually gets easier to figure out come Rd 4.
This is playing out exactly as I predicted. I'm up $4,000 on these two "heavies" and will play them both one more time tonight. I just need either one to win tonight to put me over 5k for the tournament.

Jul 14, 2021
While I don't agree with the use of the term "Water Buffalo" to describe Serena Williams, I do think she's a force to be reckoned with on the court. I'll definitely be watching her matches closely and hoping she goes far in the tournament.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I wish I could rock a visor but the tan line no bueno

That statistics book made me feel stupid but I’m glad I got it. I’ve always been fascinated by stats and probability. Big Book O’ Blackjack is the one to get in the end. Lots of brains in the HoF

I’m above 80% perfect strategery on the app with close to 1500 deals and I play fast and rarely consult the charts. Not sure if I have the brain to count cards

Looking into learning craps next and heading to Vegas soon baby
Its different in person. Im in Vegas right now and am too afraid to play card$!

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
I just burn dollar bills in the woodstove. I figure at least I get some heat out of losing my cash, so I always come out ahead.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Its different in person. Im in Vegas right now and am too afraid to play card$!
Preach. It’s all designed to distract the player.
I was just thinking about Vegas, and how I still want to go but I’m over blackjack and would stick to craps. You really need to spend a lot of time (daily) playing hands/working on perfect strategy with an app and then playing in person really concentrates on the game = not that fun vs being a part of a hot dice game and being able to enjoy the action?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah, I want to learn craps before the next time I go to vegas
Bet the pass line at a cheap table and tip the person bringing you drinks. If you get "up" and you feel sporty, bet on 8 here and there maybe.

I didn't have the foggiest and I respectfully/politely asked the staff at a lightly-attended table to clue me in. They're there to do this as nicely as humanly possible.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
If you play the pass line in craps always make the maximum odds bet (betting you'll roll the point before a 7). It's the only bet in Vegas with zero house edge. Okay not the "only", if you bet the don't pass you can lay the odds and that also has zero house edge. Playing the don't pass is betting against the shooter and isn't as much fun.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
If you play the pass line in craps always make the maximum odds bet (betting you'll roll the point before a 7). It's the only bet in Vegas with zero house edge. Okay not the "only", if you bet the don't pass you can lay the odds and that also has zero house edge. Playing the don't pass is betting against the shooter and isn't as much fun.
People will think you are a dick but you will win money.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
This is key. If you want to troll, don't pass. If you want to bro it out, pass. Either way, IMHO the mathematically lowest rate of blood loss while imbibing "free" drinks.

Reactions: Subway
Jul 14, 2021
While I don't agree with the use of the term "Water Buffalo" to describe Serena Williams, I do think she's a force to be reckoned with on the court. I'll definitely be watching her matches closely and hoping she goes far in the tournament.

And speaking of betting, I usually place my bets at www.ufazbet.com. It's always fun to add a little extra excitement to the matches! I'm also rooting for Bianca Andreescu to go deep in the tournament. The men's side is always unpredictable, but I'm sure we'll start to get a better idea of who will come out on top as we get closer to Rd 4.