*** Official Fin Thread ***

Sep 14, 2019
Yes on Am2
Prolly get the 5 fin techflex set as those are great big guy quad trailers
Do the techflex trailers tend to go best with the techflex am2 fronts or is it good to mix and match?

Would I be Better off with the honeycomb am2’s since I’m not exactly a ripper and don’t get to surf great waves too often (id consider my skill level maybe a little above average to average). I know a lot of people don’t like the techflex am2’s and recommend the honeycomb, is there really that big of a difference between the two?

Thx for sharing the knowledge

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017
Been loving the Machado set on my Pyzel Gremlin. Feels faster than my normal thruster setups but still stable at the same time. I've tried a bunch of different setups on this board from quads to my go to thruster sets. Machado 2+1's on that board is money. I usually surf that board in the typical 2-4ft stuff in SD. Never rode the AMT's so can't comment there.
Cheers mate thanks for sharing

Reactions: trifish

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Just copped a set of the Future DHD, tag on the back of the bag says MF large. Very nice looking in person, need to try them out in good point surf.image.jpgimage.jpg
Uploading photos is too easy now

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Can anyone who has ridden both the AMT’s and MR twin+trailer comment on how they compare given the same board?

Have the AMT’s just want to make sure the MRs will do what I’m hoping to accomplish. Thanks.
I did not ride same board but reason why sold AMT set up with twinner is wanted true twin set up 2 x fins. I got this with a alpha omega with TA twin set fcs(ta MR version). I love the drive and hold with plenty of turn perfect balance. While the AMT set up I had on a robber with similiar dims felt better with trailer did not really work at all as twin but worked even better as thruster with AM1s.
Robber 5'9" x19" x2.25" single to spiral backside swallow
AO 5'8" x19.5" x2.375" channels bonzer concaves swallow

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Finally, Futures got smart and started making some flat foiled rear quad fins. Only a decade behind the curve on this one.

Future QD2 4.0's

Just picked up a set of these to throw in my board when it's barreling. Looking forward to trying them out.
1568822447164.png

Reactions: Aruka

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I have full glass EA QD's that are flat foiled, got them used but the packaging was pretty recent.

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
Has anyone every experiences "whistling" on their board? I was riding some Firewire Medium Futures and if the board was planing within a lot of weight on the tail, the board would whistle through turns? Super weird! If i put more weight on the front foot and kept the rail in the water it wouldn't do it. But if i leaned back on the tail while going fast on a bottom turn, the board would whistle every time. A friend told me it might be a chip in the fins, but there was nothing there. Anyone ever experienced that?

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Do the techflex trailers tend to go best with the techflex am2 fronts or is it good to mix and match?

Would I be Better off with the honeycomb am2’s since I’m not exactly a ripper and don’t get to surf great waves too often (id consider my skill level maybe a little above average to average). I know a lot of people don’t like the techflex am2’s and recommend the honeycomb, is there really that big of a difference between the two?

Thx for sharing the knowledge
That set works best together since they are quite stiff

If you think it's gonna be to much just get the am2 in honeycomb and the 400 flat sided rears

Sep 14, 2019
Thick trailing edge will make them sing
Thanks for the help, having a bit of trouble finding the flat foiled 400 rears:

Are these them?

I may just go all out and grab the tech flex 5 fin though

Reactions: retodd

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Thanks for the help, having a bit of trouble finding the flat foiled 400 rears:

Are these them?

I may just go all out and grab the tech flex 5 fin though
I just pick up a set from my shop last week

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Your chosen fin box has hindered the performance until now , just releasing 4" flat side foils for rears .

I've made this available to my customers since the beginning , so they can have More Fun .

In 2005 I had these custom sized flat foiled fins made for customers , no system had fins for shapers to use at this time .
I made a lot of people happy with this effort :)

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Aruka