The Electric acid surfboard test with Steph Gilmore

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
Perfect surfer for this sort of thing IMO. Best style on tour (except maybe JJF) and I wish there was more footage of her on the Alex Knost board. Interesting to see her on a black beauty and hearing her say longer boards look better—totally agree.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Greg Griffin said:
She was very kind in her comments towards some of the boards .

Not surprising it seems to be her character and she talks about it somewhat in the vid. I was surprised she liked the knost board so much. It looked pretty extreme. Too bad the pro's don't feel they can ride 'fun' boards in a contest. And McConnell did nothing to alleviate that with his comments. Just that would make pro surfing a lot more interesting to watch.

She looked great on the MR and the Simon Jones; I could watch her surf all day long :facelick:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I could watch her all day.

That was a great video. She really ripped the MR and the winning board. That video really made me want to go surfing.

Also nice to see some local shapers.

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
silentbutdeadly said:
I could watch her all day.
I watched it this morning, and about 1/4 of the way into it actually thought to myself, 'Jesus, I bet SBD's pants are around his ankles, at this point' :smoking:

All jokes aside, I really enjoyed this too and could also watch her all day!

:bowdown: :applause: :jam_on:

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
I met her at the Stamps factory a few years ago, shes real nice, down to earth
He surfed with her in the HB area & talked about what an absolutely amazing surfer she is...
Taking off way behind the peak & her point A to point B burst of speed was off the charts..

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Steph rips!!

That quiver is just about every board I want, though I think Mayhem should've sent the Maysim

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Glad she called the Simon Jones Channel twin the winner, because that looked by far the best board under her feet.

twin fin speed and proper turns.

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
freeride76 said:
Glad she called the Simon Jones Channel twin the winner, because that looked by far the best board under her feet.

twin fin speed and proper turns.
i was very impressed with that one also.

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
I liked Steph's movie better too. Looked like she was enjoying the premise, where Dane complaining about it turned me off from the jump.