The E-Bike Surf thing...

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Is certainly a GOOD thing.

Just moved to San Clemente after 25 years in Laguna and joined the SC Ebike mafia today. Well its pretty F'ing rad. Quick ride to Uppers and got some fun ones on the Mitsven Quad I havent ridden in years. Then motored over to Church and was fun there as well.

Im sold and going to be way more surfed out in the future.

Stoked

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I never understood the hate.
I think it stems from it makes it more crowded since its way easier to get to spots. Not as much as a mission to pack your vehicle, decide where, etc.

Ive never had hate towards it partly because I walked to my local in Laguna or rode the Scooter to the other zones.

Its pretty dang easy once you buy in

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I think it stems from it makes it more crowded since its way easier to get to spots. Not as much as a mission to pack your vehicle, decide where, etc.

Ive never had hate towards it partly because I walked to my local in Laguna or rode the Scooter to the other zones.

Its pretty dang easy once you buy in
Lowers was practically a secret spot before those pesky e-bikes were around.

csarqui

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 11, 2009
Has anybody had their bike stolen yet? That's my only fear when taking an e-bike to the beach.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Are the majority of the E bikes people ride to Trestles etc equipped with a throttle so you don't even need to peddle or are they peddle assisted so rider is still pedalling?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Are the majority of the E bikes people ride to Trestles etc equipped with a throttle so you don't even need to peddle or are they peddle assisted so rider is still pedalling?
Throttle.

I'm seeing dirt bikes ridden in lately too.

They're just stashing them in the bushes.

That guy Zeke even had a video of him riding one in the other day.

• Dislike
Reactions: MathDebater

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Has anybody had their bike stolen yet? That's my only fear when taking an e-bike to the beach.
Oh man my biggest fear out in the water yesterday. Guessing more are stolen not on beach and more in town. Lots to choose from as they are everywhere. I will be getting a lock at least as a deterrent

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
3 classes of bike. Mine is class 3 which is thumb throttle and you can pedal assist

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Throttle.

I'm seeing dirt bikes ridden in lately too.

They're just stashing them in the bushes.

That guy Zeke even had a video of him riding one in the other day.
I saw this down here in My zone the other day, the amount of it you can actually ride is much shorter than trestles too. Wtf?

Oh man my biggest fear out in the water yesterday. Guessing more are stolen not on beach and more in town. Lots to choose from as they are everywhere. I will be getting a lock at least as a deterrent
get a nice beefy ulock from kryptonite with the reimbursement if your bike gets stolen. I’ve had lots of bikes stolen but never when using a u lock. It’s definitely still possible but it’s higher effort so thieves move on to easier targets.

Reactions: SixtyGrit

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
get a nice beefy ulock from kryptonite with the reimbursement if your bike gets stolen. I’ve had lots of bikes stolen but never when using a u lock. It’s definitely still possible but it’s higher effort so thieves move on to easier targets.
yes, going lock shopping today and know its a deterrent but better to not be low hanging fruit.

Reactions: MathDebater

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
Most crimes are those of opportunity. Like the ebike for example....

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
only class 1 is allowed which is pedal assist but how r they going to check
TBH I think at this point you could just drive your truck in on the bike path and park somewhere near the storage trailers or beyond and as long as no local loudmouth sees you you'll be good.

As long as it's not too nice looking, then it might attract attention.

If a lifeguard says something tell them to get fucked, because the lifeguards have repeatedly said they have no jurisdiction in that zone. Same with any park ranger. It's strictly Caltrans.