The destruction of teahupoo reef

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Olympics should only include sports that are timed, distance based, etc. that has no judging. Anything with judging is controversial and was originally added so the United States could get more medals. Basketball. Baseball Surfing. Flag football now?? Really? WTH. (n)
So no gymnastics or ice skating? Or diving?

EastCoastBrah

Nep status
Nov 16, 2020
Olympics should only include sports that are timed, distance based, etc. that has no judging. Anything with judging is controversial and was originally added so the United States could get more medals. Basketball. Baseball Surfing. Flag football now?? Really? WTH. (n)
+1, you can go ahead and extend that beyond the olympics too. surfing doesn't need to be treated as a sport.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Bathrooms and A/C ……. ??

Will they also build a road out over the corral reef to off load the judges crap into a pooper scooper truck?? judges gonna luv dat and da A/C …. :ban:
They should make them do the reef dance barefoot!

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
+1, you can go ahead and extend that beyond the olympics too. surfing doesn't need to be treated as a sport.
Preach bro. If you ask me I'll tell you, surfing's not a sport, it's a way of life, it's no hobby. It's a way of looking at that wave and saying, "Hey bud, let's party!"

• Love
Reactions: keenfish

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Still confusing.
it there is a real risk why don't the surfers pull out

If there is a real risk and surfers dont pull out then consumers should pull out.

Hard to see how any participants surf the region outside of contests going forward if this process truly has a detrimental local impact.
Because most of the surfers in the Olympics don’t actually care. The “prestige” of being in the Olympics is more important to them.

I don’t know who is actually invited to it but I guarantee none of them are speaking against it, at least not publicly.

RayG

Nep status
Dec 3, 2002
Astoria, NY USA
meh... Bring back Live Pigeon Shooting, The Swimming Obstacle Race, One Handed Weightlifting and the Artistic (Painting, Literature, etc...) competitions.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I like the Olympics but man, they have way too many bullshit sports.