The Dems blew it

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Everybody knew the corrupt, cowardly Republican senate would never convict no matter what, but is important to expose the truth about Trump Administration. All you Trumptards bitching about tax dollars, remember the endless Behghazzi sham?

Reactions: afoaf

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
What do you like?

You may have said this already but I can't remember what.

I don't get how you don't get that trump's rashness is potentially a catastrophic long term strategy.

Check out A Very Stable Genius.
You're fixated on the personality. I'm watching what he's doing.

I want the wall. Canada is next.
I want him to disavow Obama's World apology tour
I want him to tell the news outlets to GFY
I want him to renegotiate trade deals
I want him to tell NATO members to pay up
I want him to be the cheerleader in chief for our businesses, our interests, our values and our way of life
i want him to return tit for tat with his critics
I want him to smirk at the SJWs and tell them to GFY
I want him to appoint constructionists to the federal courts
I want him to actively enforce immigration laws
I want him to walk back the mandatory conscription of people into the health care plans
I want him to cut regulations and walk back the left's war on commerce
I want him to criticize the murder of the unborn
I want him to defend the 2A against the war of attrition the gun control activists are waging

I'd like to see the leaders of other nations do the same for their peoples.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The Dems blew it. They allowed their passions and their seething hatred of Trump to drive the bus and they pulled the impeachment trigger totally prematurely. The cooler heads in their party did not prevail and they really rushed things. Had they slowed things down and meticulously built a case around something that the independent public could get behind, or maybe even not impeached him at all, they would be in a much better position now. Currently they are not scoring too many points with independent voters in Michigan or Pennsylvania or Ohio. The whole impeachment thing has changed exactly zero minds.

They wanted so badly to get a smoking gun on Trump that when the whistleblower thing came out they creamed in their pants and thought they had it. Blinded by their passions, they forgot that there is nothing that will convince the 40% of America who love Trump to change their minds, just like there is nothing that will convince the 40% of America who seethe with disgust at him to change theirs. Furthermore, they were extremely naive in thinking that Repub Senators who are terrified of being primaried would ever vote to convict, even if deep down those same Senators know Trump has to go.

Had they just kept investigating, subpoena-ing, digging, and letting Trump hang himself by sooner or later doing something much dumber than extorting a political favor from Ukraine, they’d probably have done more damage to Cheeto in the upcoming election that a failed impeachment bid would ever do. They could have hammered the guy every single day for the whole year; instead we have this ridiculous kangaroo court currently going on in the Senate that will be over next week with its pre-ordained conclusion, and Trump will take a humongous victory lap.

Never underestimate the Dems' ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The only way they could make matters worse is if the nominate somebody un-electable like Liz. If Trump gets re-elected I will never forgive them.
Respectfully disagree. I think wrapping the impeachment now and then having all the FOIA dumps make the Senators look complicit is a better plan of action. They're going to be asked to defend every stupid thing this clown says all Spring/Summer and into the election.

The House can investigate all the live long day, and judging from the asswhoopings in the Great Lakes in 2018, I think a lot of casuals in that region who thought he was some centrist who would act Presidential are just over it.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You're fixated on the personality. I'm watching what he's doing.

I want the wall. Canada is next.
I want him to disavow Obama's World apology tour
I want him to tell the news outlets to GFY
I want him to renegotiate trade deals
I want him to tell NATO members to pay up
I want him to be the cheerleader in chief for our businesses, our interests, our values and our way of life
i want him to return tit for tat with his critics
I want him to smirk at the SJWs and tell them to GFY
I want him to appoint constructionists to the federal courts
I want him to actively enforce immigration laws
I want him to walk back the mandatory conscription of people into the health care plans
I want him to cut regulations and walk back the left's war on commerce
I want him to criticize the murder of the unborn
I want him to defend the 2A against the war of attrition the gun control activists are waging

I'd like to see the leaders of other nations do the same for their peoples.
Not his personality.

His character. They are not the same.

Psychopaths, with character disorders, figure out what you want and use it to get you to do their bidding. *See GOP senate and trump supporters.

It's how they get you to overlook their shitty ethos.

All the trump supporters, blinded by the manipulation, are ignorant of how dangerous it is to have a leader with shitty ethos.

It's really dangerous.

But as I have said a zillion times, maybe we will get lucky.

Better to be lucky than good!

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Not his personality.

His character. They are not the same.

Psychopaths, with character disorders, figure out what you want and use it to get you to do their bidding. *See GOP senate and trump supporters.

But as I have said a zillion times, maybe we will get lucky.

Better to be lucky than good!

It's how they get you to overlook their shitty ethos.

All the trump supporters, blinded by the manipulation, are ignorant of how dangerous it is to have a leader with shitty ethos.

It's really dangerous.
Like I said, I'm watching what decisions he's making and their outcomes. You're welcome to complain about him being an asshole all you want, I don't disagree.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Please clarify.

Your generalization amounts to an evasion.

You are gaslighting, knowingly or unknowingly, at this point.
I'll try to spell it out for you clearly and quickly.

You keep harping the same point about how psychopaths operate neglecting to realize - because of the strength of your bias - just how outlandish the media and public opposition has behaved over the past 3.5 years.

So while there may be an element of spooking the herd/playing the victim the complete overall outlandishness of the resistance far exceeds that.

A lot of this is the direct fault of the media and social media. Also, there is a total glut of media overall these days so instead of the daily newspaper there's 1,000 shoddy journalistic web publications that serve to stroke confirmation bias and outrage, plus Twitter, plus TV punditry.

In 3.5 years so many people on the left have not learned this. There are voices on the left saying the exact same thing I am saying but no one has listened to them.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
when someone says "apology tour" you know exactly what you're dealing with...

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'll try to spell it out for you clearly and quickly.

You keep harping the same point about how psychopaths operate neglecting to realize - because of the strength of your bias - just how outlandish the media and public opposition has behaved over the past 3.5 years.

So while there may be an element of spooking the herd/playing the victim the complete overall outlandishness of the resistance far exceeds that.

A lot of this is the direct fault of the media and social media. Also, there is a total glut of media overall these days so instead of the daily newspaper there's 1,000 shoddy journalistic web publications that serve to stroke confirmation bias and outrage, plus Twitter, plus TV punditry.
Agree to disagree?

Not that it matters, but I still don't see you framing my position accurately.

I can assume this is due to confusion, motivated reasoning, or just the desire to troll.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
acts as if it was completely baseless and unjustified

completely ignores the fact that the trog is incompetent and criminal
And here we go, again.

Completely baseless and unjustified?

I said the opposite.

I said there was an element of spooking the herd.

Ignore the fact he's incometent and criminal?

I said Trump would've hung himself.

I've previously said there's no way Trump could've ever done business without being criminal.

As a resister you must recognize there are an excess of outlets to stroke your confirmation bias and this is largely to blame for stroking your level of outrage.

You just can't see it due to your bias.

There was an element of this during the Obama administration but technology has permitted it to explode under Trump.

I'm expecting the sort of media outlet driven bias you and Autoprax are experiencing now from the right if a Democrat is elected come fall.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Agree to disagree?

Not that it matters, but I still don't see you framing my position accurately.

I can assume this is due to confusion, motivated reasoning, or just the desire to troll.
How am I supposed to frame it?

I detailed how the media and social media has caused confirmation biases to become stronger than ever.

You responded "Trump spooked the herd."

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
And here we go, again.

Completely baseless and unjustified?

I said the opposite.

I said there was an element of spooking the herd.

Ignore the fact he's incometent and criminal?

I said Trump would've hung himself.

I've previously said there's no way Trump could've ever done business without being criminal.

As a resister you must recognize there are an excess of outlets to stroke your confirmation bias and this is largely to blame for stroking your level of outrage.

You just can't see it due to your bias.

There was an element of this during the Obama administration but technology has permitted it to explode under Trump.

I'm expecting the sort of media outlet driven bias you and Autoprax are experiencing now from the right if a Democrat is elected come fall.

I understand where/why/how the media is biased

I use it to inform the way in which I consume information

you've given the impression that you're happy to toss the baby out
with the bath water