The day surfing died in San Diego

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
some lifetards just crapsized their boat at lowers, kicking out 2-3 surfers - sure looked fun
video on the way

we nearly saw the surfers have to rescue the lifeguards

I was wondering whether it was the surfers boat and they boated in? hard to tell, but they paddled in from the outside, could be their boat

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
I was wondering whether it was the surfers boat and they boated in? hard to tell, but they paddled in from the outside, could be their boat
u might be right
i heard it was lifeguards
heres a higher def video

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
No, we parked by the freeway. And I accidentally parked illegally and got a ticket. Oh well, it was a fun family day. Small but clean and fun and very uncrowded. I actually kept my eye out for you; where were you and I when you saw me?
I saw the same style van you were in last time we ran into each other, by the freeway where everyone is parking, and tall/rail thin guy inside on the beach cove and thought it might be you. There's a regular there with the same style van so it could have been him. I was parked in front of the store for about 20 min with the ranger before leaving. Bummer about the ticket. I thought they were being mellow about that, but I'm seeing CHP at the same spots every time I drive into town.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
I saw the same style van you were in last time we ran into each other, by the freeway where everyone is parking, and tall/rail thin guy inside on the beach cove and thought it might be you. There's a regular there with the same style van so it could have been him. I was parked in front of the store for about 20 min with the ranger before leaving. Bummer about the ticket. I thought they were being mellow about that, but I'm seeing CHP at the same spots every time I drive into town.
If it was last Thursday, it was probably us. I parked under the freeway and neglected to see the No Parking signs. $70! But maybe worth it for a nice warm day in the cove.

Have you seen the creek? It rerouted along the palms and spills out right at the point. Will be interesting if it stays there and changes the sand setup....

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
At some point 50 people are going to paddle out and go for it and especially at a wide open spot like Oceanside. Some will be caught; most will get away.

This is the future.