The Craigslist Thread

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

Varial pressure ding wonder how hard you have to hit bord for pressure before its a open wound :shrug:
Pretty fugging hard. even then, it kinda chips, not cracks like a fault line fracture to the foam. Really unique ding, at least the one I have on mine.

closed cell foam so no worries like XTR.

infused resin is the chit.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005

Varial pressure ding wonder how hard you have to hit bord for pressure before its a open wound :shrug:
That’s my board. I took it down. I was just having a hissy fit and made a rash Clist post. I have had the worst go with Varial boards. Both my Twinsmans and now the Stamps have kept chipping on the rail edge (where it hardens up from the front fins to the tail) and then the tail on the Stamps cracked. No I didn’t drop it, no the leash string wasn’t too long, no I didn’t ditch it (there’s never a wave big enough in Orange County to ditch). It’s like the poly resin can’t hold to the foam on hard edges. I love the way Varial rides but so far they've spent more time in the shop than a poorly glassed PU.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
That’s my board. I took it down. I was just having a hissy fit and made a rash Clist post. I have had the worst go with Varial boards. Both my Twinsmans and now the Stamps have kept chipping on the rail edge (where it hardens up from the front fins to the tail) and then the tail on the Stamps cracked. No I didn’t drop it, no the leash string wasn’t too long, no I didn’t ditch it (there’s never a wave big enough in Orange County to ditch). It’s like the poly resin can’t hold to the foam on hard edges. I love the way Varial rides but so far they've spent more time in the shop than a poorly glassed PU.
that stinks. my Varials feel bulletproof (for little cracks and dings like that) compared to PU/poly, one of the biggest selling points of the construction for me. I would definitely order infused glass on any future orders

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
This is why I am sold on epoxy even with pu add S glass and my boards feel as solid as CFT Stretch when done at pure glass:shaka:

Reactions: SixtyGrit

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
that stinks. my Varials feel bulletproof (for little cracks and dings like that) compared to PU/poly, one of the biggest selling points of the construction for me. I would definitely order infused glass on any future orders
That's my experience as well. My poly infused NB2 will be three this July and zero glass durability issues with my poly infused Twinsman that I've been riding for 7+ months.

Sorry to hear you're having issues @spjones123

EntropyFletch

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 20, 2006
San Diego

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

@Havoc

What a crazy confluence of add ons.
9'0" but not really a longboard
asym
infused varial
5 fin boxes withe a single box
probably an MC edge all the way to the nose

All for a board that literally no one needs.
at least it's priced reasonably

and somehow, I want it

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
CC CFO bonzer 3
SK piglet

ventura hipsters:

new looking EPS astropoop in the Valley:

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina