Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Reactions: chilly1

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Same, it's a bit thinner than I would order, but I am curious if it's a flattened deck or domed. If it's still around in a few weeks I may have to investigate.
I just can’t bring myself to go down the twinzer wormhole. I’m sure I’m missing out, but the twins-that-surf-like-thrusters now are keeping me pretty sated the last couple years.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
If you follow happy battle on insta he will occasionally post that the books are open for custom Mabile's
Yeah-I sent them a DM on Instagram about it. Funny response, he said you need to submit a form about an order and then mabile will review and approve or deny the request. Lol. I did it a week or so ago. I’ll keep u all posted on whether I am “worthy” or not. Didn’t even get into pricing yet. Maybe I’ll reverse the worthy on him and decline once approved as not worth price.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah-I sent them a DM on Instagram about it. Funny response, he said you need to submit a form about an order and then mabile will review and approve or deny the request. Lol. I did it a week or so ago. I’ll keep u all posted on whether I am “worthy” or not. Didn’t even get into pricing yet. Maybe I’ll reverse the worthy on him and decline once approved as not worth price.
Nobody talks more or louder about their board in the lineup than old guys riding Mabiles. I’m sure they’re great boars, but they have to let everyone know “Larmo” shaped it…

Last edited:

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Ive have many LMs and they are great boards and when in business full time they were a hell of a bang for the buck boards.

Always good to catch up with him when Im in SJ and see what he's riding.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
My first board was a Larry Mabile.

I was in middle school and my childhood friend down the street was sponsored by him at the time (mid 90's). I guess the sponsorship worked since it led to a sale.

My dad ordered it. I wanted a fading airbrush (similar to my friend's signature blue/white fade, but just different enough). It was green --> blue and I HATED the color that it came out. Also, my dad ordered a 6'10'" when all my friends were riding boards about 12" shorter. I credit and blame a lot of how I surf now on that board. It broke duck diving after taking all sorts of abuse from a middle school kid trying to stuff it into carpools.

I haven't had one since, but they look great.