The Craigslist Thread

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
$850 FC Huevo Ranchero. I always thought these were pretty good looking. Early on the step uppish, middy-ish game

$500 A little older, but a clean looking Compression from Chemistry. Good deal for a if you can get the price down to 400. I would've preferred something similar in a 6'4". Shorter and stumpy, but ready for the big stuff like my ex wife, heyooo

$900 A clean, but nearly full price Lost Retro Gun

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
$350 Great looking Steve Coletta still available

$700 Timmy Patterson widowmaker step up

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
To Fin Thread, or CL thread.... That is the question...

$85 Stretch Quads

$45 Some "Where were you when I needed you" Single Fins. I probably would've grabbed the DT or Green 8.5 if I didn't bite the bullet on a new 4A last month.

$100 TechFlex EAs. Wow, are we paying "vintage" prices for these bad boys? They've got to be 15 years old.

Assortment of fin set ups .It always trips me out when these listings are in the middle of San Jose.

Hipster Stuff
$550 T. Reynolds hull thing. Lots of TRs up for sale. Gotta love the "$xxxx.xx new.... Yeah bud. It's not new anymore. at all.

$550 T. Reynolds fish. Looks pretty sweet if you're in the 5'3" fish range

Step Ups

$575 6'4" R. Slayer 2. Probably better if it was sub 20" wide, but solid board for these parts. It'd feel better at 100$ less

$475 7'4" CI M-13

$650 7'0" EPS blank with the strangest fin set up I've seen in a minute. Is it the picture quality, brown wax on an EPS, or does this board not look "barely used"? I hate when the foam along the stringer doesn't get smoothed down and looks all chunked up.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
rcp is tricky with fins. likes less, not more, which kind of goes opposite to album twins.

felt stiff AF in dumpy NCSD forced session with fins too big and doesn’t drive off the front foot. so I don’t think this seller is far off in their comment.

once I got fins right, added a tailpad to put my foot all the way back, and a reasonable waist to chest NCSD reef day it was doing tail slide tweaks like a fun twin should. plenty of drive and not stiff at all.

as I said, backfoot twin fun. surfs way different than album front foot drive. all the rocker is in the front and has that “Hawaii rocker” vibe. mine is glassed heavy AF so no problem in lined up chop.