The Craigslist Thread

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
how is calling a specific component from a bonzer a “bonzer ____” factually incorrect?

bonzer fin
bonzer runners
bonzer bottom/concave/channel

…etc…

Reactions: oeste858

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
A 'bonzer fin' is a fin meant to go in a bonzer board (so a board with the side runners and particular bottom). If I put that fin in, say, a flat to v single fin board, the fin would still be a 'bonzer fin', but the board would not somehow be transformed into a bonzer.
...right?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
how is calling a specific component from a bonzer a “bonzer ____” factually incorrect?

bonzer fin
bonzer runners
bonzer bottom/concave/channel

…etc…
For me "only me" its incorrect to call a board with 2 or 4 bonzer side fins and single back box a bonzer surfboard regardless of fins make or not "TA bonzer fins" because I feel it disrespects the whole design of a Campbell brothers bonzer mechanics. Good news and reason why most are curious etc design is Campbell brothers never trade marked or kept any secret formula etc and always open share design ie:Eaton, CI....

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
A 'bonzer fin' is a fin meant to go in a bonzer board (so a board with the side runners and particular bottom). If I put that fin in, say, a flat to v single fin board, the fin would still be a 'bonzer fin', but the board would not somehow be transformed into a bonzer.
...right?
100%

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Here is a link to the type of surfer or shaper I am referring to:monkey:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yes and same with Eaton but not what I am talking about :foreheadslap: I am referring to single individuals who refer to bonzer set up being the fins and do not refer to bonzer concaves or most times board does not have the concaves regardless of surfer or other shaper who ever craigslist,erbb, instagram etc:bricks:
There are Bonzer Fins though.

They pair well with radical channels.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13