The Craigslist Thread

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
I want to troll so many of these sellers so bad, but I’m assuming they’re in need of some quick cash for a multitude of reasons. I’m sure someone has quipped in their ear that surfboards are a hot commodity right now and they’ve heard “you can totally make bank on that board bro” and they’re just trying to strike...
My buddy does that regularly for cars: offers $5K less than asking hoping for the angry/indignant email reply back asking how/why scum like him can live with himself.

His response: "Cash in hand, let me know when I can pick it up."

He's got some pretty nice toys in his driveway.

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018

I've seen some weird sheeet over the years but what is this
it looks like it's glassed not with fiberglass cloth but with those mats of loose fibers or whatever? like someone had the concept of glassing sorta explained to them once and they just ran with it lol

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@sdsrfr Get this instead of a Plasmic. You'd thank me. The design is magic in sm/avg waves. Also, that price was the custom price w/o shipping last summer (I bet it's gone up since then).. and I'm still waiting for mine after 6 months! I can't get off the stock new one I scored a couple months ago, even though it's a bit oversized.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
@sdsrfr Get this instead of a Plasmic. You'd thank me. The design is magic in sm/avg waves. Also, that price was the custom price w/o shipping last summer (I bet it's gone up since then).. and I'm still waiting for mine after 6 months! I can't get off the stock new one I scored a couple months ago, even though it's a bit oversized.
Mother of god.

and here I just sold a boar minutes ago and am ready to brag to hunny bunny I finally thinned the herd...

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Somebody needs to grab that! Such a fun board.

This made me laugh "Save 8 weeks of waiting and pick this up in time for summer " He must not be in the loop lately