The Corona Cuisine Thread

_____

Miki Dora status
Sep 17, 2012
I've been doing little gem heart salads with arugula sprouts, avo, shaved almonds, dried cherries, feta, and dressing with about a full cup of mint leaves everyday for lunch or dinner. F'ing bomb. Mint dressing is f'ing bomb.
Deboned chicken stuffed with mustard and tarragon has been drying in the fridge since Sunday. Maybe time to cook that tonight before it gets funky.
Blueberry-ginger and cherry-vanilla-ginger water kefir stockpile is adding up rapidly in Grolsch style fliptop bottles. Easier and less messy than booch (and not $4/bottle like k-vita)

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I've been doing little gem heart salads with arugula sprouts, avo, shaved almonds, dried cherries, feta, and dressing with about a full cup of mint leaves everyday for lunch or dinner. F'ing bomb. Mint dressing is f'ing bomb.
Deboned chicken stuffed with mustard and tarragon has been drying in the fridge since Sunday. Maybe time to cook that tonight before it gets funky.
Blueberry-ginger and cherry-vanilla-ginger water kefir stockpile is adding up rapidly in Grolsch style fliptop bottles. Easier and less messy than booch (and not $4/bottle like k-vita)

mint dressing recipe por favor.

_____

Miki Dora status
Sep 17, 2012
mint dressing recipe por favor.
Sorry there are no measurements. I eyeball it in the Vitamix. Something like:
- tons of fresh mint leaves
- Juice one big meyer lemon
- vinegar (I used coconut vinegar this time)
- walnut oil (probably 2x more than vinegar)
- good spoonful of mustard (Edmond Fallot!!)
maybe some pepper
blitz it for about a minute

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
my mint is going bonkers so much that I had to prune it back

I need something to make with it...was considering learning how to make
spring rolls

Reactions: $kully

_____

Miki Dora status
Sep 17, 2012
I want to do my 2nd fermentation water kefir with my mint and some lime peels.
Mint + most watery beverages (ice tea, plain water, lemon, cucumber etc) 10x more refreshing and never gets old. I put it in soup w basil, raw cabbage - to taste like thai food.
If I made and ate sweets - mint sorbet, would make my own mint liqueur (high abv vodka, simple syrup, infuse mint)
something with mint/watermelon (beverage or that salad w/ feta all over the interwebs)
spring rolls are pretty easy after fvcking up around roll #'s 6-10.

Reactions: afoaf

Aruka

Phil Edwards status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

spring rolls
do it. spring rolls aren't that difficult and even though they are a little time consuming and will look like sh1t the first few times they will still be delicious.

plus you will get to learn to make peanut sauce. make a double batch, that stuff is good on everything.

Last edited:

grapedrink

Tom Curren status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

spring rolls
Mint Julips

Can also steep chopped mint with hot simple syrup right after you brew it up, but if I run out I put put chopped mint at the bottom of a metal cup and do a 2:1 whiskey:syrup ratio

Best drink EVAR

Reactions: Mr Doof

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The mint tea served anywhere and everywhere in Morocco is insane. I wish I had a mint Bush.

enframed

Miki Dora status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Sorry there are no measurements. I eyeball it in the Vitamix. Something like:
- tons of fresh mint leaves
- Juice one big meyer lemon
- vinegar (I used coconut vinegar this time)
- walnut oil (probably 2x more than vinegar)
- good spoonful of mustard (Edmond Fallot!!)
maybe some pepper
blitz it for about a minute
That sounds good.

Been using pomegranate vinegar in salad dressing lately cuz we just have it for some reason. Good stuff!

The mint tea served anywhere and everywhere in Morocco is insane. I wish I had a mint Bush.
Just stop waxing for a few months.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Mint grows like a weed, literally. You can grow it in a crack in your driveway.
I had to create a physical barrier to pre-empt the runners

it's insidious

I have a potted philodendron that is putting runners out and around
the house along the street....fkn creepy

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Yup. Just buy one plant and you're good.
My neighbor has a bush and it's always growing under the fence and spreading in my yard.
Lots of different kinds of mint too, so no buying the wrong type...advise tasting a leaf before buying. Don't trust the label blindly, verify with the senses/

Reactions: Boneroni

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
breakfast sando two ways

toasted sourdough, prosciutto, burrata, basil, hawaiian sea salt
toasted sourdough, fried egg, bacon, yellow boy tomato, minced serrano, hawaiian sea salt

I'm goingbacktobed now....

bsan.png

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Mint grows like a weed, literally. You can grow it in a crack in your driveway.
This patch comes up every spring/summer. Stuck a old stem in dirt, and there you go. The deer, which normally eat everything, don't share the erbb affinity for mint. Have used in drinks, steeped in cream/milk mix for mint choc ice cream, salads, and candied.
IMG_2004.jpg

Aruka

Phil Edwards status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Lots of different kinds of mint too, so no buying the wrong type...advise tasting a leaf before buying. Don't trust the label blindly, verify with the senses/
Funny you say this. My GF just planted some mint seeds this spring and now that they're up they really don't have much of a minty smell or taste. I think they were labeled as peppermint. We were hoping to dry the leaves make our own herbal tea but I guess we'll have to figure out something else to do. Maybe rioting or kicking puppies, haven't decided yet.

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

grapedrink

Tom Curren status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Funny you say this. My GF just planted some mint seeds this spring and now that they're up they really don't have much of a minty smell or taste. I think they were labeled as peppermint. We were hoping to dry the leaves make our own herbal tea but I guess we'll have to figure out something else to do. Maybe rioting or kicking puppies, haven't decided yet.
I noticed that with peppermint too. I think spearmint is the typical mint that you are thinking of. Which is weird because it's my least favorite mint in gum/breathmints etc, but fresh it's amazeballs

Reactions: Aruka