or something ridic like that

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I hate to say it because the original location is a zoo from open to close
and the new one is right on PCH in Herbmosa so likely to do the same,
but the food is fkn outrageously good and the fish tacos are like $2.85
or something ridic like that
Do they still have the Wednesday special?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The gochuchang roasted chicken was kind of a bust. Not terrible but not noteworthy for the amount of time and work it took. I’ll stick to classic roast chicken next time.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
No seawater used, except for the seawater and clam umami that spills out of the clams as they steam open in the bubbling goodness (well, bubbling Pot of death for the clams)

Reactions: $kully

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Ice cream has been my thing lately. Ive stopped drinking. It just became unappealing for some reason. I was cooking every meal for about four months. Eating out more now.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Still not ready to go to a dine-in, but wifey and I are supporting our locally-owned restaurants a couple of nights a week doing take-out.
My wife just started working a restaurant again with outdoor only dining. No one who works there will go out to eat anywhere because they figure their exposure at work is enough. Actually, now that I think about it, no one I know who works in a restaurant will go out to eat for dine-in, even on a patio. They'll get food to go to support places they want to.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I tried my grandmother's cobbler recipe in a cupcake pan for a July 4th dinner party

cobbler.png

1c sugar
1c flour
3/4c milk
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

- mix above ingredients

- melt 1/3 cub butter in large pyrex bowl in a 350` oven

- take bowl out of oven, swirl melted butter to coat sides, pour batter in pyrex

- dump basket of washed blackberries on top of batter; they will settle in to the batter during cooking

- cook for at least 45 minutes

I like to use clear glass baking vessel so you can look at bottom of the cobbler to determine
doneness...sometimes the top will be golden brown but the bottom is not finished baking.
just rub a stick of butter on the top, cover with foil and put it back in for 15 minutes or so to
get the bottom properly cooked while not over cooking the top

serve hot with vanilla ice cream

dead simple

I like to mix batter up as I am finishing dinner prep and pop the whole thing in the oven
while we're eating....by the time you're done with dinner and a digestif, your cobbler is
coming out of the oven.

Last edited:

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
I've gotten to the point of just getting a tortilla and putting cheese and other random sh!t on it. Usually turns out pretty great, but I'm sure the munchies help.

Reactions: CutnSnip and Aruka

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
No seawater used, except for the seawater and clam umami that spills out of the clams as they steam open in the bubbling goodness (well, bubbling Pot of death for the clams)

Capturing the brine from the clams is essential. We shuck half, separating the clams from the brine and chopping them up for the sauce before reintroducing them to the sauce with the brine. The other half of the clams go into the sauce unopened and we let the steam pop them open. Can't wait to have this again. Seriously though, if your local seawater is clean try adding a cup for a half a cup to the sauce, makes a difference.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
that sounds like more work. when i was younger (and still a drunk) i loved prepping and cooking elaborate meals, because the 2 hours of kitchen work gave me ample time to get a half a bottle of vodka in my empty stomach before dinner. good times :)

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
that sounds like more work. when i was younger (and still a drunk) i loved prepping and cooking elaborate meals, because the 2 hours of kitchen work gave me ample time to get a half a bottle of vodka in my empty stomach before dinner. good times :)
my mother is the queen of opening clams. 76yrs old and she’s a machine. She can open a hundred in no time, it’s impressive. I do oysters no problem but find clams to be much more difficult. It’s worth the extra effort for the sauce. And like you she probably knocks back a bottle of Pinot Grigio while doing it. If I actually make it back I’ll send pics.