The Corona Cuisine Thread

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Cucumber Soup:

Guess it's more of an "emulsion," since it has yogurt.

Celery Leaf Pesto:

Just replaced fennel frond with celery leaf cuz we had a sh!t-ton of em from a celery bunch. Gonna try it with walnuts or pine nuts next time but I need a mortar and pestle first. It being celery, it is bitter in that celery way. You have been warned.

Nothing fancy about this stuff, it's the food of poor people when you think about it. Sure looks good though indeed There's enough of both for dinner tonight as well.

Preparation for both was easily under an hour. Closer to 30 minutes prob.

Wow! 10/10 on presentation !

your lawn is a shitshow
Impossible! I don't have one.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Dayum! What's that encrusted on top of the salmon :unsure:
Crispy salmon skin :beer:. Lately I've been cooking them slow on the induction cooktop in a no stick pan, heat level #1-2, skin side down for about 10 minutes before flipping. Tons of oil renders out of those bellies at the lower temp and they begin frying in their own goodness.

• Love
Reactions: Aruka and enframed

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Crispy salmon skin :beer:. Lately I've been cooking them slow on the induction cooktop in a no stick pan, heat level #1-2, skin side down for about 10 minutes before flipping. Tons of oil renders out of those bellies at the lower temp and they begin frying in their own goodness.
Oh yeah, DARP :foreheadslap: :roflmao: I do a similar thing with chili flake infused olive oil. Start it on the stove then pop it on the oven for 4-5 minutes and baste with the hot oil every few minutes. The skin is redonklus when crisped up like that :beer:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Made some pan seared Steelhead last night.

in the fridge currently:

Beets
Beet Greens
Oxtail
Lamb Shoulder Steak

Ya'll got any interesting strategies to tackle these? I think I need to go get more oxtails

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
i ate 2 leftover shake n bake pork chops for lunch, with some reheated smashed cauliflower. If it weren't so nutritious it'd be really depressing

Had a fun surf this morning

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
All looks good except those jalapenos.

Been making a lot of pesto lately: walnut or pumpkin seeds instead of pine nuts. So good. Learned there is a basil shortage. Thanks Biden.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I ended up making a hybrid of these 2 recipes using an Instant Pot.

Had to omit the wine
Added extra carrot, potato, leek and bell pepper

Came out good, but kinda just pot roast flavor.

Next time I want to use a Dutch Oven and add some spice and acid

Reactions: Watervalley