The best pizza?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I don’t have a clue how to stage pizza on a paper plate

this pizza was a test to see how I’d feel after a slice
im headed to Italy next week and wanted to test it out before making myself sick on vacation

i ended up feeling like I needed to lie down for a few hours and unable to eat dinner, but not the typical puking and shits that lots of celiacs would get, so that was good
I still haven’t decided if I’ll eat pizza in Italy, but I’m leaning towards yes, a little
different grains in Europe. You will be fine.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
different grains in Europe. You will be fine.
maybe
but there’s a whole ton of celiac in europe too
and they eat gluten free for a reason

i haven‘t decided what I’ll eat there

i was super confident that I’d feel fine yesterday, but I was wrong
I wouldn’t want to miss out on seeing and doing stuff because I’m doubled over or need to lie down
but maybe it will be worth it

fyi, I quit gluten for the same reason I quit smoking cigarettes. Long term health, not to feel better in the moment
i find it safer to cheat by eating pizza than smoking. I’ve fvcked up the smoking thing too many times to think I could cheat, even if I think there’s no way I’d ever go back to smoking

Reactions: santacruzin

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I ate there a few months ago. It was pretty good. Not mesmerizing but pretty good.
I watched that episode, and I unjustly formulated the opinion that it wouldn't be anything special.

We use Caputo, too.

I heard if you soak the crust w enough grease, it denatures the gluten and won't trigger your celiac :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
It looks like honest workin' man tri-state area pizza. Notice the size of the slice, how thin it is, the thin line of dark brown indicating the dough has actually been cooked, not that wonderbread sh!t that passes in many other places.

You gave a pro-"deep dish" post on the previous page a thumbs up. If npsp made it himself then it's automatically good because self-shaped and therefore respect.

Otherwise, your opinion on pizza is like someone from Long Island posting hard shells, ground beef, shredded lettuce, and sour cream and claiming taco know-how.
I routinely eat 711 pizza...the working man's thing is probably a step or two above what i grub. if it was self made...def respect.

my opinion? is summed up in my choice of fine malt lqiupr///tainted....at best!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I routinely eat 711 pizza...the working man's thing is probably a step or two above what i grub. if it was self made...def respect.

my opinion? is summed up in my choice of fine malt lqiupr///tainted....at best!
The working man's thing is what you would grub, if you worked on the docks in the tri state area, and mija worked the diner all day, and brought home her pay, for love, mmmmmm for love.

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish