The best pizza?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
My wife has been rolling out some real good pies lately. We got a new to us range that has a great oven. Based on the pepperoni distribution, I'd wager she'd been hitting the vino tinto a bit during the process.
View attachment 134846
I'm sorry but I have to point out that as good as that looks to eat, someone needs to teach your wife how to evenly distribute toppings. That pepperoni is all over the place.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Deep dish pan pizza is a totally different animal. I have no clue how you cook the rest of the pizza w/o burning the crust. The whole point of a stone oven is to keep the temp of the crust lower than the toppings so it doesn't burn. Metal conducts better than stone.

Reactions: grapedrink

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I'm sorry but I have to point out that as good as that looks to eat, someone needs to teach your wife how to evenly distribute toppings. That pepperoni is all over the place.
I disclaimed in my post that the pepperoni distribution was erratic as she'd most likely been imbibing in the vino tinto while preparing that most tasty pizza. It's on the menu for tonight. I'll report the results on Monday.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I disclaimed in my post that the pepperoni distribution was erratic as she'd most likely been imbibing in the vino tinto while preparing that most tasty pizza. It's on the menu for tonight. I'll report the results on Monday.
ha. ohshit I didn't even read your words, I just saw the photo.

• Love
Reactions: npsp

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I'm sorry, but that Gino's pizza looks like a greasy, soggy mess. I don't think it's fair that the One Bite guy eats a cheese at one place and then a margherita w/ basil at another.
Yeah that’s apples and oranges at best. That’s why I was sure to point out that my various favorites around LB are all good for different reasons. Some times, that giant greasy soggy cheesy mess at Gino’s is just what I crave. I probably haven’t ordered from there in a couple years though. The grandma pie and the cauliflower pie are the main rotation the last couple years

Reactions: ghostshaper

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Well Friday's pizzas didn't disappoint. We had a a fairly traditional pizza on the stone and my son's version of a deep dish. Both were pretty fvckin good. Pepperoni distribution was still a bit askew but good wine has that effect....
View attachment 135062View attachment 135063View attachment 135064
Crust looks beautiful on your first one. Looks like you have a hot spot inside your oven though (probably the back) so I would do at least 1- 180 degree or 3- 90 degree rotations while it's cooking :beer:

• Love
Reactions: keenfish and npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Crust looks beautiful on your first one. Looks like you have a hot spot inside your oven though (probably the back) so I would do at least 1- 180 degree or 3- 90 degree rotations while it's cooking :beer:
I was waiting for someone to notice the "char" :beer:
We are aware of the hot spot....used high grade range on the cheap from a $$$$$ house being remodeled. We got distracted and forgot the last rotation.:beer:

Reactions: grapedrink