The Beatles - Get Back

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Outstanding.

I’m not a musician, but holy hell, this 3 part series shows the creative process of how a song is brought to life...at least to this album.

I wanted to scream and send telepathic epiphany's to the band as they scramble for lyrics to songs we all know.

It is long, repetitious, but I now gather the creative process.

Never knew John was such a lively jokestr, actually won’t go into my take except Billy Preston is the MAN at that moment. Blown away by all the members.

Such a cool look at the relationship.

Still trying to figure out If I dig chicks wearing lulumon tights in this day and age or the late 70’s style we got to see some peaks at while they showed brief street scenes from the rooftop gig.

You musicians trip me out.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
man, oh man, oh man,
i saw your post + i for sure, was hopin' for a link~ie, oh well...
so i just googlied it, found this, bummer that it ain't avail' to poor oooold surfers to watch, yet, hahaha!

Where can I watch Get Back Beatles?
The Beatles: Get Back is an exclusive Disney+ release, meaning you won't be able to find the documentary film in theaters or on TV. The only watch to watch The Beatles: Get Back is to stream it on Disney+ from home.Nov 25, 2021
so hope~fully: another time...
:cheers:

ps: edit add-in:
dig this, i getta go + watch thee makin' of 'The Magical Mystery Tour',
on my ol' laptop, i can't wait to watch it, as i had earlier today, posted a trippy Beatles vid:
'I am The Walrus'
I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together

~ Goo goo g'joob
:cool:

:waving:

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I just watch the first one.

I think it something you snack on in small bites.

Ringo comes off as such a cool cat.

Paul comes off as the leader and George and John come off at the put upon subordinates.

I like when John can't help himself and he looses his asshole affect and he gets carried away by the music.

I thought the band handled Yoko sitting there really well.

I would loose my sh!t if some one in my band had his wife sitting there.

But then again, when I was in a band the other guys would say "You think you are the leader! And you not and your songs suck!" And then they would quit. :roflmao:

It happened twice.

So then I had to go solo.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Yoko following john around like a puppy is tiring but not as bad as her screeching
..wtf was that

So great to see them working on these great songs. Very talented people
Especially Paul, he's the real talent of the group

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Haven't seen it yet but saw some behind the scenes clips on the technical wizardry that went into it. Apparently Peter Jackson's people came up with an algorithm that could flawlessly isolate audio tracks from a mono recording in a remarkable way. The examples I saw were mind-blowing and that kind of technology could make my work so much easier.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Watching the creative process for songs like get back is super interesting
I was reading ringos attitude as “I don’t give a fvck how but hurt anyone is, I’m riding this train as long as I can”

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
It was amazing how they'd screw around and screw and sound like sh!t around during rehearsals and then when the "recording" light came on they instantly became an incredibly tight band.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Pretty entertaining. Are they required to still put Lennon/McCartney credits on songs written by either or? Paul brainstormed and had Get Back pretty much written before Lennon even arrived on "day 4" when he was late.

Reactions: keenfish

LogHauler

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 29, 2010
I just watch the first one.

I think it something you snack on in small bites.

Ringo comes off as such a cool cat.

Paul comes off as the leader and George and John come off at the put upon subordinates.

I like when John can't help himself and he looses his asshole affect and he gets carried away by the music.

I thought the band handled Yoko sitting there really well.

I would loose my sh!t if some one in my band had his wife sitting there.

But then again, when I was in a band the other guys would say "You think you are the leader! And you not and your songs suck!" And then they would quit. :roflmao:

It happened twice.

So then I had to go solo.
This! Top to bottom, my sentiments exactly. I'd just add that without Billy Preston, the entire exercise would have fallen apart. At the end of it I would have to say that Ringo is the Beatle that I would have most enjoyed hanging out with.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Not aware of Billy and this molestation you speak of - but have read that once Preston showed up... they stopped being bitchy with one another, played nice, and got on with it. Some called Billy the 5th Beatle...although most of us know that George Martin truly was the 5th Beatle.

I've only seen the first part, but look forward to the other two. As someone else posted - best to watch this bite-sized.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Yep re George martin was the man and I also have only watched part 1. I don’t know what would be more torturous, these three back to back or LOTR trilogy.

• Haha

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
When I was little I would wake up early Sat mornings and go through dad's albums. He had so many Beatles albums. They are pretty funny in their movies. These kids from Liverpool could do it all.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
The way I'm seeing it...

Paul is in LOVE with Linda - He has silly love songs going through his head and living in a perpetual romantic bygone time period.

Harrison is the odd man out. He doesn't have the connection Jon and Paul have or a voice on the ship. Not to mention he has the same first name as George Martin, who Paul and John respect, but Martin knows his place in the creative lyrical process. Harrison still is my favorite. I got goosebumps with him coming up with I Me Mine.

John is struggling. Times and music are changing. Paul has (a) vision and can play piano, bass, guitar, humm historical nuances like no other. John, likes to derail so he can get his head around it to right the ship from Pauls navigation.

Ringo is a cool cat. Never seen that tambourine on top of the high hat before which is soo Beatles. I don't know anything about drums, but fark, he is the rock.

Yoko was a mute...looks like Linda had a more of an impact...and dang...I would have been memorized by her too in that time.

Makes me realize that how difficult it must be for bands to deal with changing tastes.

The Dead and Stones played their base. Americana psych folk and Rockin Blues. Some thing are timeless.