The 'Batgirl' Disaster

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It must be weird to be a women with a good body.

So many boners coming at you.

I guess on the bright side is you have a wide selection to choose from.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
There are no good scripted shows that go beyond the first season nowadays. They all seem to struggle in their sophomore season, cost money, and people lose interest. Maybe there's a large market for mediocre shows given that the audience is, in general, dumber, but I don't see how to monetize that on a limited customer base paying $15/month. The past revenue model of cable bundled a bunch of channels together that carried advertisements.

The new Max shows fail to be good beyond their freshman season. The old serials like the Sopranos are a thing of the past. It's kind of like movies nowadays - the best years are behind us. Everyone can see it. Many are remarking on it. That reminds me that I need to cancel my HBO Max subscription.

There's top line and there's bottom line. The street demands cuts to keep the bottom line where it is. As you said, they were going to double their losses by spending $100 million on marketing while heading into a recession. This is how every other industry works. Welcome to reality.

Yep. It's very expensive and corporate America is more about getting costs down rather than delivering value to the customer.

Your response indicates you know this to be true. Look around your house and evaluate how your job contributes directly to the infrastructure that keeps you fed, sheltered, watered, the power on and sh1t pumped. Those are the types of jobs that aren't going away. Anything else is - as they've been saying the past two years - nonessential.
So many great current shows on all the streamers i dont even know where to begin.

and....i dont know this to be true. my job is very real and while not changing the world per say - it sparks emotion. its challenging, rewarding and down right manic at times but when i think of what of my friends do - fkn BORING i mean what was i gonna do be a toner salesman?

All of us are lucky to work within it. its a competitive field and not for the faint of heart and entertainment has always been where people turn in hard times. get distracted - watch something - see a play - concert - whatever. Locked in your home cuz a pandemic - what else can you do? hell, i started my first job in this biz at the height of the 2008 recession. content creation isnt going anywhere - quite the opposite and creativity cant be automated, and our jobs certainly aint going to fkn india.

Reactions: estreet

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
So many great current shows on all the streamers i dont even know where to begin.

and....i dont know this to be true. my job is very real and while not changing the world per say - it sparks emotion. its challenging, rewarding and down right manic at times but when i think of what of my friends do - fkn BORING i mean what was i gonna do be a toner salesman?

All of us are lucky to work within it. its a competitive field and not for the faint of heart and entertainment has always been where people turn in hard times. get distracted - watch something - see a play - concert - whatever. Locked in your home cuz a pandemic - what else can you do? hell, i started my first job in this biz at the height of the 2008 recession. content creation isnt going anywhere - quite the opposite and creativity cant be automated, and our jobs certainly aint going to fkn india.
Great post, a thumbs up isn’t enough to do it justice.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

N2Stock

OTF status
Mar 13, 2022

Can you recommend these shows? I basically quit watching TV because I can't find anything decent on. I'm on the 2nd season of Stranger Things right now and man its slow and boring.

Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Such as?
I'm not saying you, personally, are going to lose your job. I'm saying information economy jobs are going to contract. The C-suite cares about managing stock prices, profits, and losses. They do not think like you. They pay lipservice to attracting and retaining talent. I've watched entire industries wiped-out/sent to Chengdu and Penang, etc.

Edit: Oh my. I just flipped through some of my kids' shows and there's a lot of this going on. I'm sure it will remain confined to animation :rolleyes:

The business infrastructure and website back-ends and all the developer jobs can be sent to India. Probably marketing too. Whether they continue to create content depends on what I mentioned above. Like you were saying, scripted shows seem to be in danger. The writing and editing really seems to suffer in the sophomore season. I can't tell if that's because of cost-cutting or the writers. Either way, it's expensive to create content on a la carte channels that can't further monetize with ad revenue.

Last edited:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Jordan Peele is incredibly talanted and his movies are captivating. Get Out is a Stepford Wives remake to some degree perhaps though more horrifying, poignant and enjoyable.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Can you recommend these shows? I basically quit watching TV because I can't find anything decent on. I'm on the 2nd season of Stranger Things right now and man its slow and boring.
Stranger things is just writers going nowhere, like Lost.

N2Stock

OTF status
Mar 13, 2022
Jordan Peele is incredibly talanted and his movies are captivating. Get Out is a Stepford Wives remake to some degree perhaps though more horrifying, poignant and enjoyable.
I watched about an hour of it and had to turn it off. One of the worst movies I have ever witnessed.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I watched about an hour of it and had to turn it off. One of the worst movies I have ever witnessed.
Key and Peele is genius - endearing and funny. Haven't seen the other stuff. Peele's talents are, unfortunately, suppressed and misdirected by the matriarchal longhouse:
1659756639332.png

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
It must be weird to be a women with a good body.

So many boners coming at you.

I guess on the bright side is you have a wide selection to choose from.
Hot women have a superpower that can disable men and a lot of other women, too.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
A lot of other gay men, like you. also didn't like it.
I didnt realize that. I thought Get Out not only a timely Classic, entertaining but subtle genius. Some of Peeles work not only captivates but makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited: