The Atlantic is a joke

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I posted that in the "Alternatives to Higher Ed" thread. I think those yuppies really live that way, based on what I've seen. Tons of UMC parents have their kids in year-round travel sports. Tons are banking on a scholarship, even if it only means admission.
Edit:
We decided to assign Barrett this freelance story in part because more than two decades separated her from her journalistic malpractice at The New Republic and because in recent years her work has appeared in reputable magazines. We took into consideration the argument that Barrett deserved a second chance to write feature stories such as this one. We were wrong to make this assignment, however. It reflects poor judgment on our part, and we regret our decision.
I judge the article fake, but accurate. lol.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Are you referring to the subject matter, the inaccuracies in the article, or both?

At least they openly admit to and regret their mistake.
All of the above

the 12 paragraph “correction” is the biggest joke of all though.

and they never actually admit that this article, like every other one in their magazine, is full of sh!t

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
There is a lot of content in the Atlantic.
Im looking forward to an article detailing tucker carlson's latest shenanigans, the huter biden ups package stuff, 'cause I wanna know... WHAT THE FUCKK WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
All of the above

the 12 paragraph “correction” is the biggest joke of all though.

and they never actually admit that this article, like every other one in their magazine, is full of sh!t
making broad statements using absolutes is super fun!

all people who have associated with the proud boy organization are incel dupes

see....that's fun!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Are you referring to the subject matter, the inaccuracies in the article, or both?

At least they openly admit to and regret their mistake.
and this is why publications should have editorial boards and journalists like Glenn Greenwald shouldn’t be above the editorial process.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

Specifically, while about 60 percent of Republicans said they were happy each day before the election, that fell to about 30 percent the day after the election.

To give an idea of how significant the happiness effect was, the authors found that the election decreased happiness for voters from the losing party more than the Boston Marathon bombings did for Boston residents. The election effect dissipated quickly, however; Republican and Democrat voters were having good days at about equal rates after a week.

But there’s a deeper satisfaction that comes from being a generous victor. In his Nicomachean Ethics, Aristotle defined magnanimity as “greatness of soul.” A magnanimous person “does not bear a grudge, for it is not a mark of greatness of soul to recall things against people, especially the wrongs they have done you, but rather to overlook them.” And it is a well-documented phenomenon that generosity stimulates human happiness.

Reactions: Woke AF

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Extreme Butthurt, Your hero lost, Ifail 4.0 on the way?
Lmao. Similar to MBP having no idea what a meltdown is, you have no idea what butthurt is

I think I should start writing for the Atlantic, I can manually stimulate my prostrate while writing 20 page screeds based off false premises too

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Lmao. Similar to MBP having no idea what a meltdown is, you have no idea what butthurt is

I think I should start writing for the Atlantic, I can manually stimulate my prostrate while writing 20 page screeds based off false premises too
You will be crying non stop as usual. gonna go feminism, trannies, or reusable plastic bags?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

Wait you think you aren’t in a constant state of meltdown?

like for realzies?

you might be bipolar.

Reactions: mundus