that german dude who can't even paddle, sets a guinness record. anyone care?

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
they are calling that thing he was on 86'. are you jumping with glee, bored of that place, or indifferent? yeah, it's the ocen, but... discuss.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
i'm just sayin', i believe the skill level to ride place like chopes or macking pipe or jaws are way different than nazare. nazare is crazy scary and those things are huge, but christian was right when he said a guy who can't even paddle won the big wave award. nazare takes balls. jaws takes skill and balls. stupid argument, i know, but i have the corinia and i'm bored. eat me keen.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
i'm just sayin', i believe the skill level to ride place like chopes or macking pipe or jaws are way different than nazare. nazare is crazy scary and those things are huge, but christian was right when he said a guy who can't even paddle won the big wave award. nazare takes balls. jaws takes skill and balls. stupid argument, i know, but i have the corinia and i'm bored. eat me keen.
LOL! Thanks for clearing that up Big Dawg!
I won't eat you though. I'll only take a small bite out of your buttocks I promise. :emogi:facelick:
If corinia is anything like gonoria I hope you feel better soon my good man!
Stay well and drink lottsa water.
Now give me a sack wash and a rim chew you fvcker!!! :love:

• Haha
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
Here is my humble analysis. On my pc screen I get a wave height of 9" when the wave peaks at about 1:16 into the video. The rider is about 5/8" (0.625") if standing up straight. The wave is about 14 times overhead (9/0.625 = 14.4). How tall is Sebastian Steudtner? If 6' tall, then the wave could be 14 x 6 = 84 feet. It is probably between 70 and 85 feet tall, wave of the day on 10-29-2020. It depends on how his height is estimated and where the lowest point of the trough is, which is hard to tell.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
And the muscular cyborg German dudes dance with sexy French Canadians

While the overweight Americans wear their patriotic jumpsuits

• Haha
Reactions: bluengreen

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I don't care that he can't paddle, that wave is fcking gigantic. Props to him.
Pretty bored with clips from that spot though.
B-roll of the harbor, b-roll of the cliffs, b-roll of the lighthouse, b-roll of jetski maintenance.
We get it.

Reactions: Boneroni

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Fck me that's a huge wave. You could tell me it's 100' and I'd believe you.

IMO, there's plenty of different specialty skill sets in surfing. He probably does all kinds of insane training that I don't.
Kudos to him.

I agree with racer, though. I never watch those clips anymore.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
If it's a slopey wave and you never get to the bottom, can you count that part?

It's huge, and I don't want to be anywhere near it, though.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Not at Nazare, at least not when they're riding the wave. I reckon they should only measure from the board/track/lowest point ridden to top of wave.

Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Boring mushburger Instagram clickbait non wave. Like skating down a street and calling it 100 foot drop in. Paddle or fvck off.

• Haha
Reactions: toPBk

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
If it's a slopey wave and you never get to the bottom, can you count that part?

It's huge, and I don't want to be anywhere near it, though.
I think it is also deceptive looking at it from above. Maybe the bottom is actuall half way up.

I'd be more interested seeing how the point breaks to the south were on that swell.

Last edited:
Reactions: PLJ and Boneroni

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
If you don't want to call it surfing, can we call it skiing on a moving mountain with an avalanche behind you? Whatever, it still takes heart to put yourself into that situation.

Where's gmac - finally faded away into the warm folds of his own disillusionment? I kind of liked his show but he got whiny at the end. I dug the relationship between the town and the wave.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I'm just glad the manliness of men have special places to be the manly-est Aside from that, Nazare at 2xoh could be a fun novelty day, but I'm sure the aforementioned men will be there.