That Crazy Surfer Girl JAH is Back on FB

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Thanks for the warning. Haven’t seen her yet. Hopefully she’s on meds or CBD or church....anything.

There’s a legendary surf icon living in the parking lot at Bowls. If Jeannie didn’t point him out to me I wouldn’t have guessed. Meth f*cking sucks.
I've slept in the parking lot at bowls years back when I worked the beach for Clyde Aikau with Dennis Sombrano. That parking lot since hurricane Iwa has always been a magnet for weed and such. Rios, Buttons, Liddel, Ben, The Papakolea boys, and more were in the Bowls parking lot. That fugging LEFT, has drawn people to it for decades, since "garbage hole days" and before Magic Island was built. Kaiser's, Old Mans left, Rock Pile and Ala Moana .... just sucks folks into the line up ~ and gives em all a place to park ~

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Yeah sucks she’s loco hope she gets better. Didn’t she hit someone with a car or something? I think that’s when she started getting attacked

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Mental illness sucks. Addiction sucks. See it in the Bowls/Kaisers parking lot every morning.

“Yeah You” Vince was part of the Rockpiles
and Bowls steadies. Most everyone thought he was crazy and lived in his van with his little dog. But he was a city engineer that suffered from mental illness that kept dropping off his meds. The city gave him early retirement because of his mental illness and he was probably hard to deal with when he was off his meds. Last summer I saw him before he went on a trip to California and Las Vegas. He was very happy to be retired and going on a trip.

Earlier this year he hung himself, one of the Rockpiles crew went to his house in Ewa Beach to check on him found him 3 days later.

I don’t know the answer for mental illness or homelessness but I’ve asked some of the addicts if theyd like to go to a 12 step meeting. 90% of the time they say no thanks. It’s hard cause it’s really draining and can be scary to be around someone whose an addict or mentally ill.

I didn’t know Vince very long but he was cool to me. We would talk about our favorite goofy footers since we both are. And he would blasts guitar riffs on his van stereo at 5am in the parking and challenge me to guess who the guitar player is. One morning he was singing a Nirvana song in the lineup at the top of his lungs and I yelled Vince, Vince. What. What did you do with the money your mom gave you.? What money? The money for singing lessons. The lineup started bubbling holding their laughter cause laughing at crazy people isn’t cool. But Vince loved it. Hope you find some peace Vince.

Hope Jill is getting the help she needs cause she’s a lot smaller than Vince but can be way more scary.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
One morning he was singing a Nirvana song in the lineup at the top of his lungs and I yelled Vince, Vince. What. What did you do with the money your mom gave you.? What money? The money for singing lessons. The lineup started bubbling holding their laughter cause laughing at crazy people isn’t cool. But Vince loved it. Hope you find some peace Vince.
:ROFLMAO:
Sounds like you were including him in the fun, not making fun of him. Cheers

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Earlier this year he hung himself, one of the Rockpiles crew went to his house in Ewa Beach to check on him found him 3 days later.
sad to hear, use to frequent bowls while living in town. he would always bring snacks out to the lineup and seemed like a pretty jolly fellow. goes to show you never really know what others are dealing with in their personal lives.